JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So sorry for your loss! I never had a hound, but I know Molly must have been very special to you in many ways.

All dogs go to heaven! Blessings be upon you and may you find healing.

I don't refer to them as pets I think of them as companions. I have buried too many and for each I have cried a few tears. Some will not understand this but they become members of my family. They are the first to greet me when I pull in the driveway. They are some of the last things I see before I close my eyes at night. They are entwined in my life.

My companions have taught me that life is short and that is God's way of reminding us to enjoy the friends and family we have because life is transitory at best. Time is not unlimited.

I am sorry for your loss.

Dear, Zeke! I'm so saddened by the news of Mollys passing, and I pray that you will see her again with your other best friends! Dogs are blessings, so I don't know if they can be blessed, but bless Molly and you and family. SRG

PS, my condolences to your wife, that must have been especially devastating to her!

Last Edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Our pets need us most when the end is close - it's a terrible and loving thing we do to help them pass as easily as possible. I still tear up remembering my girl's last moments - how her breathing calmed and she seemed at peace right before she went.

It's better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all.

Pets are my favorite people, pure, gracious, giving. A bond w/a dog is like no other, you are their everything and they will do anything for you. The sun rises and sets on you in your dogs world, it's a responsibility not to be taken lightly. Those that appreciate it and bask in it's purity know what I mean. That bond, even when parted is never broken, I still get teary over some of my past friends (like right freakin' now....).

Appreciate what you had and it will never be gone. Sorry for your loss.

Was she a Walker? Had a couple, beautiful creatures.
Molly was an Uchtman bred Bluetick Coonhound, cold nosed, hard treeing, fearless, and smart as they come. Put her on a day old track and she'd have it worked out in short order.

You are correct about the difficulty of living up to the image of the person your dog thinks you are. They make us better people. Anyone who's ever owned a faithful hunting hound understands why a guy would take a week off from work to find his hound that's lost in the woods.

We buried Molly today. She's in a sunny spot near the house with a view of the forest. She will always be with us.

Thank you all so much for understanding how big a loss this was. I always knew this was a great community.

My condolences for your loss. I lost my "Molly" two years ago also unexpectedly. Playing ball in the yard one minute and down for the count an hour later. Cancer burst inside of her and in shock by the time I got her to the vet, nothing to do then but the right thing. She was a springer and the best damn dog I ever hunted over. I feel your pain...

RKBA

Thoughts and prayers, Zeke. Tough losing a great companion. Reflect on all the good times with her, hopefully it helps with the grief.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top