JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So Heretic, you would be OK with banning Assault Rifles and high-capacity magazines in counties you don't live in?

My point is that failure to oppose this incremental Tyranny is helping to impose it on everyone eventually. It isn't just guns. Progressives won't stop expanding their absolute control over everyone. We need to fight every attempt to limit freedom.

:s0101:
Today it's diesels, tomorrow it's the loud exhaust on certain motorcycles, after that it's your gas lawnmower,etc.

They are slowly restricting all manner of freedoms.

This will apply to the entire state soon enough. Typical legislation, poorly thought out and will result in significant negative impacts. During a period of explosive growth in the metro area and lack of housing this bill will shutter the doors of a lot of business that service the construction industry, increase the prices of just about everything from raw goods to groceries. I expect you will even see UPS/Fedex rates for the region increase. Make no mistake, the consumer will be paying for the cost of this legislation by an increased cost of living.

To the small businesses, I wish you success in adapting quickly and in a cost effective manner for those directly impacted.

This will apply to the entire state soon enough. Typical legislation, poorly thought out and will result in significant negative impacts. During a period of explosive growth in the metro area and lack of housing this bill will shutter the doors of a lot of business that service the construction industry, increase the prices of just about everything from raw goods to groceries. I expect you will even see UPS/Fedex rates for the region increase. Make no mistake, the consumer will be paying for the cost of this legislation by an increased cost of living.

To the small businesses, I wish you success in adapting quickly and in a cost effective manner for those directly impacted.

It is about emissions - so expect it to spread anywhere that they eventually will have emissions testing. Probably Salem, Eugene and Medford. In Calif. it is now to the point where trucks going into and out of LA and San Diego to pickup/delivery to the docks/etc. have to be propane or electric or otherwise meet strict emissions standards.

It is all about population density.

It is about emissions - so expect it to spread anywhere that they eventually will have emissions testing. Probably Salem, Eugene and Medford. In Calif. it is now to the point where trucks going into and out of LA and San Diego to pickup/delivery to the docks/etc. have to be propane or electric or otherwise meet strict emissions standards.

It is all about population density.

If I understand the legislation right they are bypassing the emissions testing component by just banning pre 2007 diesels, thus the ability to roll out to the entire state without needing testing facilities. In the sponsors mind, they don't care if the emissions are occurring in PDX or Burns, they don't want it occurring in the state period and likely the nation.

16.5 GVW!:(

Is it GVWR ? That's the total weight including max load. Mine is 17 GVWR but on the scale its just under 10 . If they are going with GVWR it will take alot of pickups off the road.the weight of a Cummins dodge 4x4 with all the bells and whistles will tip it for sure.

GVWR is not the same as GCWR.

Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is the value specified by the manufacturer as the loaded weight of a single vehicle.

GCWR is the combined weight rating of the vehicle and any towed vehicle.

My '97 Dodge 3500 one ton DRW flatbed has a GVWR of about 11,500 pounds. Not many pickups before 2000 have GVWRs higher than that. You can google the specs on a pickup online.

Newer pickups, the ones newer than the bill covers, have higher GVWRs.

Last Edited:
So Heretic, you would be OK with banning Assault Rifles and high-capacity magazines in counties you don't live in?

I have not said anything in support or opposition to the bill - I have only explained what I think the bill says and why, not whether I support the bill. :rolleyes:

Don't put words in other people's mouths. :mad:

It seems a LOT of people are making a LOT of assumptions and running off half cocked. :rolleyes:

I have not said anything in support or opposition to the bill - I have only explained what I think the bill says and why, not whether I support the bill. :rolleyes:

Don't put words in other people's mouths. :mad:

It seems a LOT of people are making a LOT of assumptions and running off half cocked. :rolleyes:

Your repeated reference to affecting only three counties is very clearly meant to minimize the importance of the issue. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case you need to be more clear about it.

My comment was pointing out that incremental infringment is cumulative, and every attempt as such needs to be opposed. I don't understand your repeated minimalization of the issue. Just because they are not coming for you today, doesn't mean that they won't be coming tomorrow.

ACTUALLY, under FED. D.O.T. Law, any motor vehicle OVER 10,000 Pounds GVW is technically considered Commercial, and it's only exempt IF its registered as a NOT FOR PROFIT, private motor vehicle! I'm betting there is going to be a law suit real soon, as this unfairly targets U.S. D.O.T Fed Emissions tier 2 Diesel emissions requirements FOR THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE!

NO STATE LAWS MAY USURP FED LAWS!

Your repeated reference to affecting only three counties is very clearly meant to minimize the importance of the issue. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case you need to be more clear about it.

My reference to the three counties was meant to point out that it is three counties that are affected - no more, no less.

The tendency of some people in this thread to assert that the whole state will be immediately affected is disconcerting and at this point in time, incorrect. I may be affected too - I actually own a diesel truck and I reside in WA county at the present. But I am not going to panic and make assertions that are not true.

Instead of panicking, I am just pointing out that at this point in time the effect is limited to those three counties.

You can go ahead and rant and rave all you want about the world coming to an end because Salem passed a bill that restricts older diesels in three counties out of 36. In the long run, maybe they will expand it outside of the greater Portland area, I don't know - but the bill is pretty clear about what and where (I have to wonder how many who are making these assertions have actually read any of the bill text?).

Me - I am out of here - I am getting sick and tired or people putting words in my mouth. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top