JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any van would fit that descriptive.
Except most don't have the space for at least 2 24"×48" industrial sewing tables plus a 72"×48" cutting/drafting table and room for storing things, at least not without getting into a box van/truck or oversized Sprinter sizes lol, hence my wondering if there exists something like these but basically stripped/unfurnished and ready for the conversion.. as opposed to already including furnishings and stuff 26-command-5.jpg 28-mobile-command-1-760x400.jpg 20200605000916414_1591315754808.jpg Best-Class-B-RV-Floorplans-with-Slide-Outs-min.jpg

Back in '99, I was one of the five people who thought that Y2K could potentially be a problem. So after doing much research on the 'perfect prepper' EOTWAWKI vehicle, I traded our Firebird in and bought a '90 Cherokee Laredo XJ almost identical to this one. My ex-wife never forgave me for that one..

Sadly she was lost a few years later; the XJ, not the ex-wife. Great cars, and I still consider them a contender for the 'perfect' SHTF car.

jeep.jpg

You know; actually... one of the larger Sprinter based RVs that can go off road might make for a very interesting combination mobile sewing/tailor shop and camper.. I mean... park it by the coast, sew up some flotation harnesses and such, go test in the ice cold Pacific Ocean, then drive out to the Cascades, sew up a backpack, load it up,.test it out there on a hike, maybe even overnight, come back down to town, sew up body armor carrier,.test it at one of the "mostly peaceful protests".. ;) talk about "on demand, on site testing" :s0140:

Except most don't have the space for at least 2 24"×48" industrial sewing tables plus a 72"×48" cutting/drafting table and room for storing things, at least not without getting into a box van/truck or oversized Sprinter sizes lol, hence my wondering if there exists something like these but basically stripped/unfurnished and ready for the conversion.. as opposed to already including furnishings and stuffView attachment 1418061View attachment 1418062View attachment 1418073View attachment 1418074
Sounds like you might need a STRAIGHT TRUCK then...

...but not the little Nissan City trucks or that GMC van, but like the Freight Shaker that's about 5 ads down. Like that. They make 'em longer, too.

Or an used large RV/motorhome
Yah, used & do it yourself. Still would be quite spendy.

Else you could likely order a new RV as you mention above. However its unlikely you would save much, and it'd still cost "a whole bunch". As in $80,000 & above, just a guesstimate mind.

I'd think the "easiest" & "least expensive" do it yourself option would be a trailer. Would need a tow rig tho, $$$.

Yah, used & do it yourself. Still would be quite spendy.

Else you could likely order a new RV as you mention above. However its unlikely you would save much, and it'd still cost "a whole bunch". As in $80,000 & above, just a guesstimate mind.

I'd think the "easiest" & "least expensive" do it yourself option would be a trailer. Would need a tow rig tho, $$$.
That's what I'm thinking about, a toy hauler so the back end could be the shop and I can unhook and only drive the truck as needed.

...otherwise, if you want to start NEW, you could order a "Cab Chassis" from any of the American car makers (possibly import makers, too).
It will looks like a truck without a bed or a box.
After that, start building your survivalist / prepper vehicle.

This is JUST AN EXAMPLE of what I mean by a "Cab Chassis"...
One way to tell a cab chassis truck from a pickup is that the frame rails behind the cab are straight/flat; they do not arch up over the rear axle. The frame rails of a cab chassis truck are stronger because the vehicle is rated/made for heavier loads.

One way to tell a cab chassis truck from a pickup is that the frame rails behind the cab are straight/flat; they do not arch up over the rear axle. The frame rails of a cab chassis truck are stronger because the vehicle is rated/made for heavier loads.
Was just trying to draw a mental picture, Heretic. Didn't say it was the same thing. :rolleyes:

...hey, I'm looking for a new house. This might be the answer! Thanks!
I'm seeing several different sizes from $3,000 for a burned out hulk in BC to $35,000 fancy 40ft long office set ups... and everything in between that can be sheds, workshops, backyard offices, concession stands, merchandise/mobile markets, to electricians/mechanical repair trailers

I'm seeing several different sizes from $3,000 for a burned out hulk in BC to $35,000 fancy 40ft long office set ups... and everything in between that can be sheds, workshops, backyard offices, concession stands, merchandise/mobile markets, to electricians/mechanical repair trailers
It's a box that's plumbed and wired. I can make that into a home. At today's prices, $35K ain't bad. It's the $200K for a wooded lot that gets me. I mean, really? It's undeveloped property. I shouldn't have to pay "finished" prices for that.

It's a box that's plumbed and wired. I can make that into a home. At today's prices, $35K ain't bad. It's the $200K for a wooded lot that gets me. I mean, really? It's undeveloped property. I shouldn't have to pay "finished" prices for that.
Haha yeah; think it was Dave Ramsey who said "if it's got water, a view, or good trees, expect a lot more money than a bare lot" :rolleyes:

Depends on the timber. The timber from 8-9 acres of my property brought in over $200K (split between the logger and myself). If you want a bunch of nice fir/cedar/spruce trees that are mature, you have to pay for them, even if you want to keep them and not sell them. Maple/oak/alder/etc. - not going to be worth much.

Depends on the timber. The timber from 8-9 acres of my property brought in over $200K (split between the logger and myself). If you want a bunch of nice fir/cedar/spruce trees that are mature, you have to pay for them, even if you want to keep them and not sell them. Maple/oak/alder/etc. - not going to be worth much.
Only possible exception to that would be if the property is just about impossible to get to for whatever reasons (goat trails, no gravel roads, zoning, or steep slopes? ) Edit but Columbia Helicopter does aerial logging anyhow... so that's not much of a price reduction lol

Only possible exception to that would be if the property is just about impossible to get to for whatever reasons (goat trails, no gravel roads, zoning, or steep slopes? ) Edit but Columbia Helicopter does aerial logging anyhow... so that's not much of a price reduction lol
If there is enough timber, and the price is right, logging outfits will build roads/etc. as necessary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top