JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_nc_ohc=i8pSxA-xqxEAX_q1IwR&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I believe the bike up top would weigh about 325lbs. Scratching my head as to how it is loaded/unloaded? - a super long ramp? :)
Maybe a crane/hoist or a forklift or a backhoe/excavator, but it could be a loading dock and a ramp. Getting it off in the middle of nowhere without equipment could be an issue. I used a FEL to lift my 2 wheel "tractor" onto my 4' high flatbed and then backed it up to higher ground when I got it home. Now that I have an A-frame hoist in my shop I can lift things on/off the flatbed or into my pickup without ramps.

For the rest, a loading dock would work. It doesn't take much to make an ad-hoc loading dock. I have backed my trucks up to mounds/etc. to unload things without a ramp

I am sure the whole affair was just a stunt - besides it being quite prone to being tipped over due to COG, the setup would not be able to go anywhere there was an overpass or utility lines on poles where the lines cross over a road/etc. - the Land Rover itself is too high (not to mention the bike) and the UniMog (?) probably is too.

Other option, though spendy would be to hire/pay one of those shed/office/tiny house fabricators to build the box onto a suitable cab chassis; but again, lots of money. And yes you do have a point about the movement and lack of plumbing. That was also why I was looking at the idea of converting a motorcoach or surplus command post vehicle that's already wired and plumbed...

Other option, though spendy would be to hire/pay one of those shed/office/tiny house fabricators to build the box onto a suitable cab chassis; but again, lots of money. And yes you do have a point about the movement and lack of plumbing. That was also why I was looking at the idea of converting a motorcoach or surplus command post vehicle that's already wired and plumbed...
The military boxes/shelters are made to be mobile, often have metal skin, but the paint on many of the exteriors is very carcinogenic, so you don't want to be sanding if off, maybe not scraping it off either - if you don't like it, then paint over it (personally, I would just leave it alone if it was ODG as I prefer that color).

I have been pondering the vehicle question a lot since watching Ukraine war videos on u tube. It makes the question and decision ten times harder when you don't know the circumstances of the need for a vehicle.

Say we have a really big earthquake in the northwest that destroyed the dams and the bridges, you can't travel a road in western Oregon that doesn't have a bridge which mean that's as far as you go in a vehicle.

Or WWIII cuts loose and millions more invade us from the south. You will be limited as to where you escape to by the amount of fuel you have. Once the fuel is gone then it's either move on foot or a bicycle.

I figure if I have the ability to drive then I need at least one thousand miles of fuel so it's probably going to be a pickup that I would use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top