JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
dans pawn shop in keizer probably

dave from daves shooting supply is a friend of mine,hes a really good guy and ive bought a LOT of stuff from him. he thinks sb941 is BS and doesnt want to deal with it.

ive never done a transfer thru him because i only do my version of private transfers.

I'll be curious to see what you find in Salem, I am going to need one down there in a couple of weeks and don't know of any but Tritac and I think what was said above is correct - they are still not open yet after the fire.

And the other one - $35 is a lot when I can pay $20-25 instead.

what part of salem u going to? i could most likely point u to a close one.

Thanks to everyone. The person with whom I am trading has a spot now where they want to go where they did not know earlier. I'll definitely be keeping this link as reference.

Yar, thanks for starting this thread, appreciate it!

I've probably driven rite by that coat of arms place a couple dozen times, but wouldn't have known it was there.

Plus a self reminder to check out Dave's shooting supplies...

Yar, thanks for starting this thread, appreciate it!

I've probably driven rite by that coat of arms place a couple dozen times, but wouldn't have known it was there.

Plus a self reminder to check out Dave's shooting supplies...
yep dave is by appointment only keep in mind. his website is what he has in stock.

I contacted several FFL's on the list, looks like the best value is Coat of Arms, LLC in Salem. Total cost for a single transfer WITH BGC, is $20. I know of only one other FFL that does it for $20. About the best deal you can get on a private sale/transfer.

Just an update - I used Coat of Arms in Keizer for a private sale/transfer this week - $20, included the BGC. The two owners were both there, really nice guys. Not a big shop, but great folks to chat with. While we were there, a new shipment of guns came in, including an MKE 1919 12-Gauge AR - and only about $600 - I have to say, that may have to go on my list ;)

Anyway, just wanted to share about these folks and encourage you to check them out if you're in need of an FFL in the Salem/Keizer area. One of the owners happens to be an electrician too, which means he's a pretty cool guy ;) :cool:

Good idea but for two things - gun shows are never going when I need to do a private sale/trade, and I typically don't do gun shows. Plus, don't I have to also pay for parking/entry fee to get in in the first place?
Not many shows charge for parking, there's plenty of shows often, and if you can get into the lobby without paying, you can legally make the call. SB941 says as long as you're "inside the building" you can make the sale. Not "inside the part of the building where the gun show is.

Not many shows charge for parking, there's plenty of shows often, and if you can get into the lobby without paying, you can legally make the call. SB941 says as long as you're "inside the building" you can make the sale. Not "inside the part of the building where the gun show is.

I'll certainly keep that in mind :)

Anyway, just wanted to share about these folks and encourage you to check them out if you're in need of an FFL in the Salem/Keizer area. One of the owners happens to be an electrician too, which means he's a pretty cool guy ;) :cool:
I appreciate the heads up. I know exactly where their shop is and if one of the owners is an electrician, then we have something else in common.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top