JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are $20, 12v rechargeable and cheap enough to buy a set for spares.
They are only 2 watts on transmit, but function on all GMRS channels.
The poor rviews I saw were related to distance of transmission.
Undoubtedly from someone using them in heavy cover or not line of sight.
5 watt radios are all over $100 a pair.

They are $20, 12v rechargeable and cheap enough to buy a set for spares.
They are only 2 watts on transmit, but function on all GMRS channels.
The poor rviews I saw were related to distance of transmission.
Undoubtedly from someone using them in heavy cover or not line of sight.
5 watt radios are all over $100 a pair.

good point, God knows I have wasted $20.00 on used stuff that never worked more a couple of times, heck if it they short distances, they could be good comm. when scavenging

No retail store radio is going to work 34 miles, even in perfect conditions. I have 4, 5watt Motorola VHF radios, that cost $700 EACH, for work, and have 100 watt Motorola and Icom radios in our trucks and equipment. On a perfect day, in flat fields, we can get about 6 miles out of a handheld and 25-30 out of a portable. Everything you read is not true.

How have they performed for you, please advise before I make a buy on the above item.

The batteries are good: five AA's that hold a charge and deliver more output than the other AA's I have stockpiled.

The radio works as far as connecting home to work, which is about 3 miles line of sight, with hills, trees, and city in between. I think that's actually pretty good, since the "34 mile" rating is a totally ridiculous exaggeration, like RR said.

The only thing I didn't like is the cost of accessories - A pair of mic/earpiece headsets would cost close to what I paid for the radios.

I have 2 pair of Trisquare XRS radios that have as good as or better range than top of the line GMRS radios. They operate in the 900mhz range (Like cell phones) and have a billion different frequencies. The radios frequency hop like the trunked radio systems the police use and are near impossible to monitor. In a SHTF situation the GMRS frequencies will be so overloaded you won't be able to communicate across the street yet alone the ridiculous ranges that they advertise. They have two different models and I recommend the tsx 300. Go to: TriSquare - 2-way Radio - Beyond FRS Beyond GMRS eXRS (TM) eXtreme Radio Service and check them out. :s0155:

PS, The tsx 300 radios come with a microphone/headset!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top