JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I have been kinda-sorta picking away at the family GMRS project; basically repeater on home/land, rig in each vehicle, handhelds at house, a base-station at my office, and most importantly, a planned, printed, and practiced communication plan.

In that list, this thread is about the setup at my office. My office, and adjoining rooms I work in, is on the ground floor of a metal-roofed, industrial building. Above my primary work area is a cat walk accessible from the opposite side/floor. My plan is to install a honking antenna on the roof and drop the line down to a work area I have setup with other equipment. I will need to receive approval from the building super, but they've haven't told me "no" yet on building upgrades.

So, with that in mind, what would you recommend for a:

• GMRS base station with as much output power that is available.
  • What antenna to mount. It is pretty clear up there, so within legal height limits, most world work.
Of the three major points (home, wife's school, my work place), the latter is, easily, the furthest away. I'm pretty sure I can sure I can reach those points with lesser setups, but might as well go big from the start. Thanks much! :s0155:

Do you currently access any GMRS repeaters in your area now? and if so how far are you from those you are accessing?

I am just wondering given the limits on GMRS wattage how well you can do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top