JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it bad taste to practice on a more human realistic silhouette type target than a paper silhouette target. Have recently purchased used beautician practice heads, they have withstood over 1000 rnds of .22,5.56,9mm,buckshot and slugs, but have noticed some head shakes when I set up target.
:s0122:

Let's see the heads!

This is a front/back pic , flat one has faired much better. 2 different types of rubber

IMG_20150621_181107_556.jpg

IMG_20150621_181129_736.jpg

Walmart used to sell the zombie torso and heads. I think they bled or something when shot.

I've got no problem with them except not being reactive enough or even seeing where your shots went unless the heads were fresh. Maybe they could be patched up between times with flesh colored morticians putty:eek::eek: or playdough:oops::oops: That way you could know where you hit them.

Police use sillouette type targets all the time. If you are practicing defensive shooting practice on the shape you would be defending against. I doubt that would be a round ball with rings and legs now would it.
The DHS was using images of old women, Mothers and babies and old men to practice with so basically the hell with PC. Use the target you want to use. !!!

If they can do it we sure as hell can too. There is no law against killing paper.

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...5.0j1.1.0....0...1c..64.hp..1.0.0.bIHHpVutW4s

This is what they were shooting at to desentize their agents to killing citizens.

https://www.google.com/search?q=DHS...eyogTWmYD4Bg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1242&bih=535

Last Edited:
Police use sillouette type targets all the time. If you are practicing defensive shooting practice on the shape you would be defending against. I doubt that would be a round ball with rings and legs now would it.
The DHS was using images of old women, Mothers and babies and old men to practice with so basically the hell with PC. Use the target you want to use. !!!

If they can do it we sure as hell can too. There is no law against killing paper.

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...5.0j1.1.0....0...1c..64.hp..1.0.0.bIHHpVutW4s

Guns are useless against those things anyway!
upload_2015-6-21_20-32-19.png

I fished one out of a dumpster - probably put there by someone who failed beauty school. Long, blonde hair and someone used it as a make-up application dummy.

I used it for my pistol practice. No one at the range ever batted an eyelash at it. Personally, I never cared whether anyone thought it creepy or not. A gun is an effective anti-personnel tool. Why not be clear about the ultimate intent of why I practice?

After several hundred rounds through it, I took it to Brown's Camp. Guys on the line were very respectful of it. After shooting a bunch of boxes of 9 & 40 through it, I said to everyone on the line, "have at it, boys." Full auto, shotgun, pistols, rifles. It lasted ~15 minutes. Someone got the idea to shoot out its mounting pole. Then they shot it across the pit floor. Wasn't much left of the styro stuffing, so I threw it out.

Watching the shooters, I saw some faces where they seemed to be turned on by shooting the head. Thought to myself, "OK, so we have some psychotics in the crowd..."

IMO, an excellent target choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads