JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it bad taste to practice on a more human realistic silhouette type target than a paper silhouette target. Have recently purchased used beautician practice heads, they have withstood over 1000 rnds of .22,5.56,9mm,buckshot and slugs, but have noticed some head shakes when I set up target.

Get a cheap hat for it.

shopping_zps1xhujdvb.jpg

I guess I can understand someone's dislike how I dress these targets up, staple a T-shirt and the head with a ski mask on it and it is a true human silhouette. Wish I had some pics to show

Is it bad taste to practice on a more human realistic silhouette type target
Not at all - some people are WAY too sensitive. Nobody seems to have a problem when the full size, anatomically correct torsos are used on the various TV shooting documentaries so why would it be different for a layman to use the same - or a reasonable facsimile thereof?

I probably wouldn't shoot at people shaped targets at a public range. I don't think there is anything wrong with it but you never know who else will be there and what kind of stink could come up. Just a personal thing though. I would not think twice about it if someone set them up at the range next to me, but if someone showed up with the wife or youngsters it might suddenly seem weird and off-putting

Found mine on eBay that pic has a flat back skull much easier to attach to plywood, other 1 is a full size head but has a hole in neck so I just slide it down a piece of metal pipe attached to back of plywood. Purchased both separately less than 30$ for both

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads