JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

glock or sig

• glock

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • sig

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • stick

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • rock

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
It really depends on what I'm looking at buying...

If it's comparing an older west German P226 and an early Glock 17, I'd take the 226 any day. If we're talking a brand new gun, I'd probably lean towards the Glock. I shoot Sigs slightly better, but I carry a Glock. If Sig could make a P239 weigh as little as a G26 I'd carry the Sig. Most of my purchases tend to be utilitarian, if I don't have a pistol I have a purpose for I don't keep it around too long. Once I get to the point where I can afford to have toys I'm sure my safe will be chock full o Sigs.

It really depends on what I'm looking at buying...

If it's comparing an older west German P226 and an early Glock 17, I'd take the 226 any day. If we're talking a brand new gun, I'd probably lean towards the Glock. I shoot Sigs slightly better, but I carry a Glock. If Sig could make a P239 weigh as little as a G26 I'd carry the Sig. Most of my purchases tend to be utilitarian, if I don't have a pistol I have a purpose for I don't keep it around too long. Once I get to the point where I can afford to have toys I'm sure my safe will be chock full o Sigs.

+1

Honda vs. Porsche? More like Toyota vs. VW or Carhart vs. Jordache. Both are great guns but the SIGs are more of a rich mans guns. Mind you I own many GLOCKS and Sigs... both are great guns but one has a tendency of babying the Sig as nobody wants to damage the pretty and expansive gun. Glocks... well I have bounced them off of a panel truck, seen them dragged behind an ATV and used as a horse shoe in a game of horse shoes and then loaded up and shot 90 + rounds per shooter (about 20 guys at the demo) and never once failed. The guy who bounced the Glock (GEN 1 G17) off of the panel truck the furthest won it. All they did was replace the sights and clean it up and did the transfer. Do that with a SIG. In fact there is a GLOCK websight that talks about some of the abuse Glocks have gone thru... wonder why more people don't own Glocks.

Amazing handguns.

SF-

i have to say glock, durable, good capacity no matter what caliber, easy to field strip/clean, and it is one mean lookin son of a beach. and a shout out to 9mmMike on the left handed use. plus no external safety to fumble around with if/when (god forbid) you find yourself in a situation where you have to defend yourself.

Wow, this poll wasn't very helpful for you, was it? :s0140:

I've owned four Sigs (P226R .40, P226 9mm, P220 .45, P6 9mm) and one Glock (G19). Aside from the P220, I couldn't shoot the Sigs very well at all. I can put 15 rounds inside a 5" circle at 50 feet fairly quickly with my Glock 19. The Glock is just as reliable, much lighter, much cheaper than the Sigs, and it has a higher magazine capacity compared to Sigs of it's size. For these reasons Glock gets my vote.

I would buy a SIG over a Glock every time out, but I'd a Walther before ever getting either a SIG or a Glock ... or most anything else, for that matter. I'm not saying that Walther is a better brand than the others, or that SIGs and Glocks are inferior. I'm only saying that a Walther is the right gun for me and generally always best fits my hand and eye. My experience with the SIGs I've shot through the years is generally positive. I've never cared for the Glock trigger, however. As with most things, it's just a personal preference.

Glock. No contest ;-)

I say this for a few reasons:

- Glock is more reliable. They simply do not fail. This is not to say that Sigs aren't reliable. They are, but it's a case of 99% reliability vs. 99.999%.

- I'm personally not a fan of the Sig designs. I don't care for DA/SA...you may think differently.

- Glock magazines are less expensive because they make a bajillion of them for LEO.

- If you get nightsights (and you should!) you are getting Trijicons with Glock factory sights and Meprolights with Sig. This is really just a preference.

- Sig has gone in the toilet. Go read SigForum.com before you buy a Sig. Sig customer service is really atrocious - and I know from sad personal and recent experience. The current Sig Sauer boys in Exeter are a cheap imitation of the Sig of the past. As an example, I'm still waiting for a call back from Sig on whether they consider the P238 I bought a 5+1 or a 6+1 gun! The CS reps have differing opinions. Mine is one example - see SigForum for many more.

one thing that GLOCK has on the SIGS is advertising. they started touting there reliability and how all sorts of LEO's use them back in the early 90's. and boy did the general public buy in... in my opinion of course. I see it as more of a honda vs. nissan. or maybe an acura vs. nissan type of conversation both will be VERY reliable ( even the news SIGs. the complaint seems to be the percived looseness caused by the forged slides) and to those who may wonder I have owned an early G19 gen 2 made and imported from austria and it always went BANG.

Thanks for your input guys. After holding both I bought a sig. Just felt right and seemed like a higher quality gun too me. Hopefully it shoots as good as it feels.

Thanks for your input guys. After holding both I bought a sig. Just felt right and seemed like a higher quality gun too me. Hopefully it shoots as good as it feels.

Congrats on the new pistol. Good on ya for checking both out...Let us know how it shoots for ya...

Personally I picked a Glock...Love the damn thing and some day I will add other little Glock family members...

Hope you like the new pistol
-A

Thanks! I have a buddy that has glocks and he loves them. Everybody is different and I liked the sig better. Both seem like good quality guns. I guess it comes down to what feels good in your hands.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top