JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

glock or sig

• glock

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • sig

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • stick

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • rock

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Tell me what majority of you would choose and why. Quality? price? durability?

My opinion has little to do with experience. I've only shot a glock 27 once and have only seen pictures of sigs. I chose glock. Lower price mainly. They've proven themselves reliable as I'm sure the sig has also. Sig is definitely more appealing in appearance. Glocks are almost obnoxiously ugly!

I'm a function over form kinda guy, so the spartan looks of the glock don't bother me. They are light, have good capacity for their size, and are completely dependable.

I've owned one Sig in my life. It was well put together and was very accurate. I didn't really like it much though. It was a DA/SA and I prefer a DAO or SAO. While I know sig makes some great stuff mainly the small additional weight and cost keeps me from them.

I've owned 1 sig and am on my 6th glock. Am I a glock fan? Yes, with out a doubt. I think that glock makes a quality, affordible and accurate pistol. The sig that I owned was everything that I've been taught that sigs are, accurate, reliable and well made. To me, the only difference between glocks and sigs are the manual safety and the price. I would feel equally safe/protected by either brand. It comes down to personal preference and how deep your pocketbook is.

Go with the Glock. I've owned 6 different Glocks and never had an issue with any of them. I use to be a dyed in the wool 1911 guy for years. I didn't believe the hype and bs I'd hear but owning one made me a believer. Now I currently own only 1 handgun, my Glock 19. I'll never sell it. Probably has over 15K rounds thru it with NO HICCUPS. I'm talking no failure to feed, failure to ejects, stovepipes, nothing. Never had any issues with any of the other Glocks I've owned either.

I worked at a gunshop and range for a little more than a year and a half. Spent a lot of time on that range and saw a fair share of Sig pistols in the "broken/send to the gunsmith box". Don't get me wrong, Sig makes a very very nice pistol but from my experience what I saw, and the guys at the shop having to deal with Sig's customer service, and one of my close buddies having a total lemon Sig pistol that broke not 1, but 2 extractors within about 200 rounds, I wouldn't own one.

Viewing the poll results Im kinda suprised. I hear alot of glock talk on this site but not much about the sigs. So its kinda suprising that the poll shows sigs in favor.

Glock as it's much easier for a lefty to use and it's really hard to find any Abmi Sigs except for the 220 SA .45 .. At least thats what I saw when shopping for another 9mm last year.

Whatever feels good to you. For me, it was the Sig simply because of fit and function. The glock doesn't like my hands. The Sig does. It shoots better than I can and has proven utterly reliable, to the point of boredom, for thousands and thousands of rounds. Owned by a marine that took it to the fall of Baghdad before I purchased it from him.

I have one Glock which I am selling, I own two Sig's, a 225/P6 and a Sig Pro, both 9mm. I don't like the Glock because there is no "safety" that trigger is only an advertising gimmick calling it a safety. A safety is something that stops the trigger from being pulled. I find Glocks to be good handling pistol. I like the Sig because even though it does not have a safety, it does have a decock that makes the trigger much harder to pull. Also the Sig has an outside hammer which you can cock with your thumb and fire S/A. I find both my Sigs to be superbly accurate. Another pistol I own is a Taurus PT111 9mm that is striker fired like a Glock but does have a manual safety also, so if I slip it in my pocket I don't worry about the trigger snagging and going bang. Both my Sigs are among the most accurate handguns I've ever fired and they are well balanced. So here is another vote for SIGS:s0112::s0114:....Spad

My son had a Glock 22 in 40S&W once. It was the most accurate gun I ever shot (I have been shooting since 1955). But, he sold it without telling me (I didn't know you wanted it, Dad). I'm going to get another one someday
By the way; I've asked before. Is it true that Glock discourages using reloads and if so, Why??

What Glock are you looking at, G17, G19, G22? What Sig are you looking at P226, p229? I have shot the G17 and the P229 back to back. I do love glocks but the sig is sooooo smooth but I would say for all practical purposes they were equal regarding accuracy.
I ask what model because I have read (not experienced) that there are more issues, ftf with anything other than a 9mm in a glock because that is what the platform it was designed around where the sig 226 & 229 (I believe) was designed around the 40 cal. I have also read about issues with sigs. I don't think it matters what kind of pistol you get there is always the possibility of a lemon.
I do feel that the major factor is how it fits you and how you shoot it. If you can not shoot it and it does not fit then it does not matter who made the gun.

The Sig folks will tell you get Sig for the quality. Bull.

They are both very high quality pistols. I have extensive hands on with both and own Glocks. Don't get me wrong the Sig is a great gun, but there are a few things I don't care for.
1. I am a lefty and the Sig is not friendly
2. DA/SA prefer consistent trigger
3. Bore axis the Glock just feels better for follow up shots.
4. Finish = look up the Chuck Taylor "Ocean test" I don't think you will leave your Sig on the bottom of the ocean for six months. But I can take my Glock everywere, even scuba diving:s0114:

I own both, carry a Glock. I love Glocks for what they are, but they aren't in the same league as Glock. They are a much better "built" firearm imho. But the ones I own fill different roles, not a fair comparison.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top