JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

glock or sig

• glock

Votes: 71 49.0%
  • sig

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • stick

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • rock

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
>Tell me what majority of you would choose and why. Quality? price? durability? <
Same question I asked sales people at Wade's here in Bellvue,WA. 5-6 pointed to the Glocks on their hips in reply. One of them was even a Sig guy. While they look like a brick with a handle, everyone swears by their reliability. Only down side I've heard is they don't like reloads.

I started with SIGs, at one point I owned at least a half dozen of them. Now I own one, just to have one. At first I had no Glocks, now I have three. It comes down to a choice I made about how I carry -- I want no external (manual) safeties, and I want every trigger pull to be the same. SIG came out with their DAK trigger, but like the Kahrs, its just too long a pull for my taste. Glocks just do the job, and that's all I ask of them.

Only down side I've heard is they don't like reloads.

Glock, like many other manufacturers, won't cover damage caused by reloads. Glocks use polygonal rifling instead of standard groove type rifling. Many people have shot lead reloads without problem, but typically polygonal rifling doesn't work well with lead bullets. You can buy barrels for Glocks with standard rifling to shoot reloads to be safe, or you can just shoot plated bullets.:s0155:

Glocks are a heck of a good gun in 9mm, seen a 23 blow up in my buddies hand. factory target loads in a pretty new gun, so i wont own one other than 9mm. They are the ak of pistols. They just don't fit my hand and point really high for me. Sig's feel more natural for me.So i go with sig and hk

Glock, like many other manufacturers, won't cover damage caused by reloads. Glocks use polygonal rifling instead of standard groove type rifling. Many people have shot lead reloads without problem, but typically polygonal rifling doesn't work well with lead bullets. You can buy barrels for Glocks with standard rifling to shoot reloads to be safe, or you can just shoot plated bullets.:s0155:
Hmm, maybe a Glock would work for me. I reload a lot, all FMJ.

Sig is more accurate, Glock is more durable. Kinda like a Rubbermaid trash can, vs an aluminum trash can. The rubbermaid bounces back after you kick it, while the aluminum holds a dent. Plasic frame, vs, aluminum frame.

This is a great discussion. Kind of like which is better - a Lamborghini or a Ferrari - Both are great and it probably would boil down to personal preference. I have small hands and the glock is not comfortable for me. Also, I like to reload and that's a no no with the glock as the chamber is not fully supported. Reloads are especially dangerous in 40 S&w caliber. I've shot some and gotten away with it, but have the bulged brass to show for it. Both are very accurate and durable. So it really boils down to personal preference.

I've owned and shot both a bunch. And they are both accurate, reliable, and durable and I would feel safe with either.

From my experience, the Sig gets the nod for a couple of reasons - The 226 fits my hand well. Holding a Glock is like holding a brick - It can be done, but it's not comfortable for me.

For me, I found the Sig to be slightly more accurate. This may not be true for everyone, but it was for me.

A deal breaker for me is that you can't use reloads in a Glock. I love to reload and rarely buy loaded ammo.

I've seen many pictures and heard too many stories of Glocks blowing up.......................but I've never seen or heard of a Sig blowing up.

Sigs cost a bit more ($50.00 maybe?) but over the life of the gun, (which for a Sig is Decades!) I think they are well worth the cost and slightly better than a Glock.

. Also, I like to reload and that's a no no with the glock as the chamber is not fully supported. Reloads are especially dangerous in 40 S&w caliber. I've shot some and gotten away with it, but have the bulged brass to show for it. Both are very accurate and durable. So it really boils down to personal preference.

Hmm, any ideas how Springfields XD 40 and CZ75s handle reloads? Particularly in 9mm conversions from 40 cal as I like to shot multi cal in my guns with accessory barrels.
Thanks,
Ken

I agree with Shootshellz, from what I have read on the extremely reliable web it is recommend you do not shoot lead cast bullets our of a polygonal rifling barrel due to the gas pressures that build up. The main issues I have read with Glocks and them blowing up has to do with the 40 cal due to the pressures this round produces. I have seen a 9mm Glock 19 blow but the owner was shooting reloads where I believe the cases were not inspected as well as they should have been. I did see the case and there was not a bulge but the back of the case did split which tells me the issue was not due to a unsupported chamber which is a explanation I have read about many times.

I have owned several of both Glock and Sig models. They are both excellent weapons for sure. I'd give the nod to Sig for overall performance but Glock isn't far behind. Glocks are picky on ammo and you really take a chance shooting reloads in .40 and 10mm. The other Glocks seem to be ok if reloads are shot from time to time. I've been a Glock amoror for 10 years or so, the ones I've seen that have gone KB were .40 and 10mm all with reloads. The Portland Police Bureau had two 45's KB, however those guns were only 23 some odd serial numbers apart. They looked like ammo was at fault, but its unknown for sure exactly what happened..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top