JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm confused by the huge Glock following. Yeah, they're solid firearms that'll take a beating and they're just a bit less ugly than HiPoint firearms but I just don't get the attraction. Yes, I've owned three Glocks - G21, G22, G23.

Every new model or generation they put out looks almost exactly as the previous model with maybe a couple improvements. Does that garner a huge following, what am I missing???
I think Glock got a real good kick start when they started making their firearms available to police departments for next to nothing. When police dept.s buy a lot of something the rest of the community takes notice. The only problem I have with Glocks is the way it fits my hand and the fact that it is not difficult to break them. Yes, I broke one. It split right down the right side, so I stripped it and bought one of those 80 percent kits. I have not completed the kit yet, but it looks like a fun project.

I think Glock got a real good kick start when they started making their firearms available to police departments for next to nothing. When police dept.s buy a lot of something the rest of the community takes notice. The only problem I have with Glocks is the way it fits my hand and the fact that it is not difficult to break them. Yes, I broke one. It split right down the right side, so I stripped it and bought one of those 80 percent kits. I have not completed the kit yet, but it looks like a fun project.

I'm not arguing. But how did you break one? I've put mine through hell with any issues. What did you need to do to break one?

Does Glock stand behind their frames and replace them if they get broken? Especially if you broke it taking out an intruder....Felt sorry for the ole bastage robber and didn't want to shoot him so I threw my glock at him instead and now he's sitting in prison with a massive head wound!

Years ago when I started to get into firearms I told myself I would never own a Glock. Thought they were ugly as hell, too blocky, whatever. Today I own a G17, G19, G26, and G42 and would never get rid of any of them. I remember reading about Glock fanboys and never wanted to become one of them. I take nothing away from other pistols, I own several other non-Glock pistols as well, but if I had to have a pistol that I could count on with my life, the G19 hands down. I have always liked the interchangeability of the Glock magazines and how easy it is to get parts and aftermarket accessories for them.

I really cannot care less what flavor firearm anyone chooses as their favorite. Feel exactly the same about anyone's opinion of my choices. I talked myself out of owning a Glock for years even though I shot them really well. Love my Sigs, Colts, etc., but just never really liked the feel of the Glock. Then one day, for a variety of reasons, I ended up getting a G26. Still didn't love the way it fit my hand, so out came the dremel, opened up the finger grooves, undercut the trigger gaurd, and like magic it fits me like a glove! I like it so much that I added a G17 to the herd.
I had to own one and spend time with it to understand the attraction. They are tools. Very efficient tools. Very simple tools. Very reliable tools. And an absolute pleasure to shoot. The 26 goes with me everywhere while the others sit at home! And I personally like how they look. They have a sexiness all their own. Not the "dead sexy" of the Sigs, but still ...
Took a long time to work my way around to Glock. Can't think of any gun I've owned that I really didn't like,and still love my Sigs. But when things get sporty, you can bet I'll be reaching for a Glock!

I never cared for them, was pretty impartial to them I guess. I took a glock 31 (I think) on trade once and didn't care for it, so I got rid of it. The only glock I have now and will probably ever have is the 40MOS. The only addition I could see would be a 20 for,easier woods carry, but the 40 carries well in a Diamond D chest rig.

I think glock is the Jeep of the gun world.

I've owned Glocks for 20 years and they've served my needs well. It was a duty weapon, so I became familiar and comfortable with the manual of arms. Now I find myself wanting to dip my toes in the Sig Sauer pond mainly because I'm becoming bored with Glocks.

I have a variety of Sig's. I love their 1911's and often that is what I carry. I'm a big gal whose biggest problem was finding a sturdy belt that didn't cost more then a case of target ammo. My first Sig was/is the SP2022 in .40S&W. I really wanted a P226 but the SP2022 was about half the price. As it was my first gun purchase, I went with it. That was about 4 years ago. I got my P226 Legion last year and hope to purchase a P220 Legion in the not too distant future. Our local range does not have a shop or rentals, but a lot do. Have you tried any or do you have a specific model or caliber in mind?

I'd say instead the Glock is the VW Bug of the gun world, only because I really like my Jeep.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing. They're both utilitarian and very capable in stock configuration, and you can spend way more money than you ever imagined modifying both, until there are hardly any original parts left on it.

I own two Gen 4's, a G-20, and G-29 10 MM's which are fairly economical for a 10 MM. I just got a G-42 380 for me. My wife loves her Gen 4 G-17 and her G-42. For her it was just the simplicity, no external safety was a big deal to her. She had bought a S&W SD9 VE and loved the ergonomics and controls but hated the trigger and accuracy. I tried to get her to try a M&P without a safety. No Deal! She did not want a 'P..O...S ....' 'Smeeth&Wiesson' and that was that. She likes shooting my Government 1911 but two magazines of 45 is enough for her, and she still is not fond of a external safety. I do have her a Springfield XD9 Mod2 Service, but the grip safety seemed to fuddle her till I installed a extended grip safety lever. She shoots it more accurately and is warming up to it.

I've got several very nice choices in the safe, but my G21, G23 and G26 are the ones I'd bet my life on, everytime. Clean, dirty, crappy ammo, cold, wet, hot...they have never, not once, failed to go 'bang' when asked and fed the next round perfectly. They fit my hands, and I shoot them well. If something better for me comes along, I'd switch. But, all things considered, these are the ones for me, my hands, and my application. I keep looking; there are lots of new, interesting firearms out there. But if I had to run out the door, I'd grab one of these and feel confident that if needed, they'd do just exactly what they are supposed to do.

Does that make me a fanboi..?? Don't think so. I don't love them because they are, I respect them for their reliability and consistency, and will use them as the solid, accurate tool they have proven themselves to be. It's OK if they are not for everyone, because virtually nothing is. JMHO, YMMV, etc.....

I think they are good looking, but maybe I have no taste.
I like them because they are simple and they are reliable. And tons of after market parts.
I have tried shooting other guns-XDM, M&P, 1911, etc etc and although I like the others I do not shoot them as accurately as
the Glock, so I keep going back to it.

There are a lot better 10mms out there. I hope you have some.
I have a EAA Witness Elite Match in 10MM and yes it is much better at a much higher price though, so the Glock's are still a good value. I also forgot I have a G-33 in 357 Sig, a small double stack, that I like. I think for me, I buy Glock's in calibers that I can't get in a XD or XDM, plastic guns I like better.

With the exception of the G-42, I have an affliction for 380's and my wife would not let me use hers at will, she think's hers is hers. Selfish, but at least she will carry it.

I have ten pocket 380's counting the two 42's. It is the biggest one for my pocket, but it shoots softly, accurately and reliably. I recommend the LCP II, the G-42 and the Kahr 380's with the Kahr's taking a "picky with ammo" hit. I got the second on a fluke deal, and I did not want another FMK, so I took the 42.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top