JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a luke warm to pretty warm love for my G-33, I can pocket carry it and it has a 9+1 capacity of a fairly strong round. 357 Sig. I shoot Underwood 124 Grain XTP's accurately with it. If I could only keep one of my Glock's it would be the 33.

I do not like the grip of my G-29, but I still shoot it well and therefore I like the gun.

G-20 remains in-fired due to some recent surgery, but it has the same fat grip, but longer, I feel certain I will like it better than the 29.

The 42's are 380's and I have a dozen 380's, they just happen.

Concealed carry is better because they are flatter? Being more readily concealed is not a issue to me. I just want it completely covered so no metal or plastic shows. "Concealed" is a adverb, helping the verb "Carry". It is important to carry a gun you shoot well, not one that doesn't print.

I dont care what it looks like. Its not a man accessory. Its a pistol. Its light. Pull the trigger and it goes bang. Parts are cheap and available. Runs like a Swiss watch.

I purchase pistols for aesthetics as well as functionality. I get the rock solid part of Glock, can't dispute that based on my experience, but aesthetics are just not there....and EVERY generation looks almost exactly the same as the previous...at least to me.

I purchase pistols for aesthetics as well as functionality. I get the rock solid part of Glock, can't dispute that based on my experience, but aesthetics are just not there....and EVERY generation looks almost exactly the same as the previous...at least to me.
I agree as I have bought several FDE or SS Slide guns that caught my eye, but I did not part with my money till I found them to be functional...except for actually shooting them.
Glock has had few attractive pistols, but the G-19X is an exception, FDE and way better sights, that better trigger seems to be vaporware to me, I guess its better for a Glock though.

I may be in the minority, I actually think the trigger is the best thing Glock has going for it - it's consistent, it's tactile, and while it's no super short, tuned 1911 trigger, it's not horrible. A Smith & Wesson Sigma - THAT is a horrible trigger. Smith & Wesson copied a lot from Glock with the Sigma, but they FUBAR'd the trigger. The latest gen AKA the Smith & Wesson SD series has an OK trigger. Not great, but leaps, bounds, and high jumps beyond the predecessors. The Beretta Nano has a bad trigger too, IMO.

Otherwise Glocks are just good functional guns that work most of the time. They take a good amount of abuse, they're not a beautiful gun, you won't cry if you scratch it, unless your name is Marshal.

They fail in the ergos department though - which is why, as big a fan of Glocks that I am, I keep leaving them and found a better Glock, ala the M&P line. Glocks don't even hold the capacity crown anymore like they used to. M&P mirrors them in every gun except a full size .45, but Glock can't make a large frame that does not feel like you're holding a 2x6. I'll take 10 rounds in a grip almost identical to a 9mm's, vs 13 in a fatty. I wish Smith did a 10mm, just because I want to step up to a 10 for a woodsy gun (I'm not a wheel gun guy, and they dropped .357Sig from the available calibers in the M&P family, because .357 Sig is at this point even more a niche round)

At this point you can built a "Glock" and not have a single Glock component in the gun, it's the new 1911.

We have a 3D printer at school...
I am so tempted to make a plastic flintlock pistol stock....and build a pistol around it...then stamp the barrel with "Glock" in Old English script....just to mess with folks.....:eek::D
Andy

You should totally do that. I'm a big fan of PETG -- it has flex where PLA will just crack, stronger than ABS and doesn't suffer the layer separation or edge pullup that also plagues ABS. It's perhaps a bit more gooey out of the extruder so you'd probably want to do any engraving the old fashioned way post-printing rather than in CAD.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing. They're both utilitarian and very capable in stock configuration, and you can spend way more money than you ever imagined modifying both, until there are hardly any original parts left on it.

Jeeps fit more people without mods and aren't festooned with lumps in the seats in all of the wrong spots.

My first gun was a G19. Aside from my Crosman Pumpmaster 760 (also plastic). I've never had to do anything to it except feed it whatever scrap ammo was lying around. I don't baby it, i don't completely tear it down every time i use it (honestly i only clean it every few times i shoot). I don't spend tons of money of aftermarket parts that will do effectively nothing to it, because it already does exactly what I bought it to do - go bang EVERY time. It's ugly, it's not any different than anyone else's stock glock, and that's OK. Is as accurate as any other pistol. I know accuracy is 90% me, 10% firearm. It's a tool, and it works.

I don't buy "pretty" socket sets and wrenches and drills and saws - I buy the one's that work every time, regardless of what they look like.

I'll pass it down to my son, he'll understand why i used it. We're not flashy, we're functional.

But as for the dudes who drop $2k on a cutom glock. Dude, I have no good answer for you other than "To each their own", live and let live.

If this new AR/magazine ban comes through, I think I'll start carrying a 1911 or other 45 as my daily carry instead of my G19. I'd rather have 9-10 rounds of 45 than 10 of 9mm. :( Sometimes I don't bother reloading the mag after one is loaded in the chamber, but this will definitely change things.

If this new AR/magazine ban comes through, I think I'll start carrying a 1911 or other 45 as my daily carry. I'd rather have 9-10 rounds of 45 than 10 of 9mm. :(

Those 1911s will be banned too. By lwtter of the law ANY semi auto with detachable mag gets banned because ANY semi auto with a detachable mag is capable of using a mag greater than 10 rounds. Even pocket auto Kahrs with 6 round magazines, because an extended 11, 15, or 30 round mag is entirely possible to use in said gun.

Revolvers and flintlocks are all you can get post ban.

Let's not panic just yet boys. I'd bet money it will fall flat on its face. It's a poorly written pile and leaves to much up in the air for lawyers. It won't make it very far. Not in its current state anyway.

I used to hate them, but after doing some training and qualifying with one, and also buying a G35 long slide, I am starting to like them more. Or I should say, appreciate them more. However, with that being said, I have other pistols that are more accurate and a lot more reliable...;)

I used to hate them, but after doing some training and qualifying with one, and also buying a G35 long slide, I am starting to like them more. Or I should say, appreciate them more. However, with that being said, I have other pistols that are more accurate and a lot more reliable...;)
Oh no you didn't just say that..... :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads