JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my Sig's. But you know what my daily carry is? A Glock 19. Its proven time and time again to be dependable, accurate and lightweight / concealable.

It takes a village to raise a child.

Or something like that.

IMG_20160420_193301.jpg

I've got a couple BBQ guns and the G40 isn't one of them. I've thought of trading it in on a Sig P220 Elite, and then I shoot the Glock and it makes me smile again. So it stays.

I remember back in the 80's when the G17 came out.... FUGLY!!! I never gave Glocks ANY attention and I stuck to my (Italain made) 92F more or less for a CCW until I saw and acquired a G30 for EDC about 6-yrs ago... then a G19.3 (for the wife), then a G19.4 (for me), then a G43 as a BUG (for me). I may get a couple more G19.3's (real soon) for my other "household wingmen" to use if ever it goes SHTF/TEOTWAWKI.

I still remember, about 40 years ago when I pulled up to a store in a fairly trashed sports car that had a caved in front end and massive areas of bondo, realizing that you don't see the ugly outside of a car while you are driving it from the inside.

That said, I like shooting my SIG more than my Glock; it fits my hand better, it feels smoother shooting and the trigger is a lot better.

YMMV

I had a Sig 229 and I wanted to like it, but after a year I sold it.

The glock while it may be ugly to some, is completely versatile, easy to maintain, and being able to use magazines in multiple handguns sold me. I have a 26, 17, and 34 so I just bought a bunch of G17 mags that work for all of them.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top