JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Used to carry a G20 in the woods, now I carry a 22/45 with the o e in the tube being a 22 shots hell load. I get a few squirrels here and there.

Used to carry a G20 in the woods, now I carry a 22/45 with the o e in the tube being a 22 shots hell load. I get a few squirrels here and there.
No kidding. The classic "backpacking" gun is a .22.. like a Colt Woodsman or something. I've mainly been a centerfire guy though, even for squirrel and whatnot.

Just a thread update.

I have a Glock 33 coming in the mail. I handled both and the 36 was a tad long for my carry preference. Plus i'm a gun nut and i've never owned anything in 357 sig. It's slightly wider but shorter in length & height and has a 10 shot capacity vs 7 for the 45.

I'm looking forward to getting a set of dies for it and working up a few loads. I found a recipe for 147 grain gold dot at 1260 fps. That would be a day wrecker i don't care who you are :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews