JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to pick up a new concealed carry weapon in 45acp. I have been researching the Sig P245 and the Glock 30SF. Because Glock is more readily available I may go with it but if anyone knows of a shooting range in the Portland to Eugene area that has the 30SF for rent I would love to try it first.
I think either pistol would serve me well but I would rather not have to make the decision wirhout handling one or both first.

Definitely try it IWB first, because the thickness of the grip may turn you off. I can't carry it IWB at all.

IMO, the G30 combines the inconvenient 32.5mm thickness of the G21 with the drawbacks of a short barrel and limited capacity like the G36. So for my money, the G30 is the "excluded middle." Like biggie says, you can marry a 28mm-thick G36 slide to a G30 frame (which is all that the G30S is), but that grip is still too thick for my hip.

I either carry the G36 IWB or the G21 OWB.

If 10+1 versus 6+1 capacity is that big a deal for you, I could use the same argument to insist on the G21 over the G30.

Definitely try it IWB first, because the thickness of the grip may turn you off. I can't carry it IWB at all.

IMO, the G30 combines the inconvenient 32.5mm thickness of the G21 with the drawbacks of a short barrel and limited capacity like the G36. So for my money, the G30 is the "excluded middle." Like biggie says, you can marry a 28mm-thick G36 slide to a G30 frame (which is all that the G30S is), but that grip is still too thick for my hip.

I either carry the G36 IWB or the G21 OWB.

If 10+1 versus 6+1 capacity is that big a deal for you, I could use the same argument to insist on the G21 over the G30.

I like the Kimber Ultra Ten II
.45 acp ten round mag and a smaller platform plus I can just stuff it in my pocket
I do know a fella who conceals the Glock 30 in his boot, but IDK if I wanna smell him trying to get it out...

Was carrying a G23 for some time and going back to the 45 has always been on my mind, so picked up a G30 after trying a friend's G30 out for a few days. Great gun, but the 30's grip is too big for me so I found my way into a G30SF and love it. It is a big gun, but its also a good amount of firepower (for a handgun). Glock came out with the G30S shortly after I got my SF... If I didn't already have the SF I'd have the G30S for sure. Another friend has the S and it is a great gun to be sure. They're not pocket pistols, but it is a good amount of firepower (for a handgun) and a great gun to have.

ETA: a good holster makes all the difference in the world, especially with the bigger guns living IWB.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top