JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to pick up a new concealed carry weapon in 45acp. I have been researching the Sig P245 and the Glock 30SF. Because Glock is more readily available I may go with it but if anyone knows of a shooting range in the Portland to Eugene area that has the 30SF for rent I would love to try it first.
I think either pistol would serve me well but I would rather not have to make the decision wirhout handling one or both first.

Definitely try it IWB first, because the thickness of the grip may turn you off. I can't carry it IWB at all.

IMO, the G30 combines the inconvenient 32.5mm thickness of the G21 with the drawbacks of a short barrel and limited capacity like the G36. So for my money, the G30 is the "excluded middle." Like biggie says, you can marry a 28mm-thick G36 slide to a G30 frame (which is all that the G30S is), but that grip is still too thick for my hip.

I either carry the G36 IWB or the G21 OWB.

If 10+1 versus 6+1 capacity is that big a deal for you, I could use the same argument to insist on the G21 over the G30.

Definitely try it IWB first, because the thickness of the grip may turn you off. I can't carry it IWB at all.

IMO, the G30 combines the inconvenient 32.5mm thickness of the G21 with the drawbacks of a short barrel and limited capacity like the G36. So for my money, the G30 is the "excluded middle." Like biggie says, you can marry a 28mm-thick G36 slide to a G30 frame (which is all that the G30S is), but that grip is still too thick for my hip.

I either carry the G36 IWB or the G21 OWB.

If 10+1 versus 6+1 capacity is that big a deal for you, I could use the same argument to insist on the G21 over the G30.

I like the Kimber Ultra Ten II
.45 acp ten round mag and a smaller platform plus I can just stuff it in my pocket
I do know a fella who conceals the Glock 30 in his boot, but IDK if I wanna smell him trying to get it out...

Was carrying a G23 for some time and going back to the 45 has always been on my mind, so picked up a G30 after trying a friend's G30 out for a few days. Great gun, but the 30's grip is too big for me so I found my way into a G30SF and love it. It is a big gun, but its also a good amount of firepower (for a handgun). Glock came out with the G30S shortly after I got my SF... If I didn't already have the SF I'd have the G30S for sure. Another friend has the S and it is a great gun to be sure. They're not pocket pistols, but it is a good amount of firepower (for a handgun) and a great gun to have.

ETA: a good holster makes all the difference in the world, especially with the bigger guns living IWB.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top