JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting at Gig Harbor market injures 2 | The Today File | Seattle Times

A woman opened fire in a Gig Harbor market, injuring two people, according to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office.

Spokesman Det. Ed Troyer says the woman was taken into custody after Saturday’s shooting and the victims were sent to Tacoma General Hospital.

The extent of their injuries has not been released.

A woman who was inside the store said someone tackled the shooter, according to KING5.

KOMO reports the incident happened at about 1 p.m. in the Key Peninsula Market.
Brad Boquist, manager at the Key Peninsula Market, declined to comment when reached by the Associated Press.

The investigation remains active.

what the hells wrong with people these days? every time I hear about these kinds of news, it just pisses me off. People randomly shoots others is gonna ruin it for the more responsible people that own firearms

No doubt Nokia, it is just getting rediculous.

I wish we had a CPL person take action in some of these situations to take these crazies out and show why so many of us carry and that not all gun owners/carriers are going to go psycho and kill innocents.

And to think my oldest son rolled his eyes at me when I put my pistol on as we left for Company picnic. I brutally reminded him about Aurora and that it can happen anyplace.

Freedom has a cost.

Evil people are going to misuse freedom to do evil things. For a contrast, look at the Spanish American War. A war brought on by the fruit and sugar interests in the USA via the Hurst News empire.

They used the first amendment to foment a war of imperial aggression in which tens of thousands died.

We can't prevent evil people from being evil or from doing evil things. It would be nice if we could, but we cant, short of a police state that no one, left or right, wants.

that Aurora situation scares the hell out of me and honestly theres nothing wrong with being prepared. I dont care if others thinks im paranoid but I like to be prepared just in case.

Ive been thinking a lot lately too about all of the recent shootings and how it might effect us as gun owners. The more I thought about it the more it occurred to me that in The United States of America these shootings, as tragic and senseless as they are, should not effect us as legal gun owners at all. We have rights, guaranteed to us as free citizens and a constitution to protect us. We need to demand that our elected officials work within these laws and punish the criminals. I think in almost every shooting there were laws in place that were either ignored or circumvented that could have and should have stopped these senseless shootings. If the only way our current politicians can think of to stop this violence is to destroy our bill of rights its time for a drastic change..........for them........not us. Lets stop cringing every time a shooting occurs and ask these Representatives why the laws they "just had to have" aren't working. What is it that they are doing wrong. We are not criminals and I'm tired of being treated as one.

I wish we had a CPL person take action in some of these situations to take these crazies out and show why so many of us carry and that not all gun owners/carriers are going to go psycho and kill innocents.

Therein lies the rub. Some carry so they can play 'good guy-bad guy' and take the bad guy out, thus showing they are the good guy. Yup, not all gun owners are psycho, just some of them. How do you tell which is which ? I for one hope you do not carry so that you can take someone out, or be one of those that goes psycho.

No I do not carry to take someone out or go looking to get badguys, I carry to protect myself and my family. However, I am not a person that would stand by and watch other's families be gunned down if I was in attendance and carrying. You have a guy in a theater or woman in an open store, how long does it take her to turn 180* and start firing in your direction anyway? Unless you are between her and the door and have cover to get out the door before she see's and shoots you what are you going to do?

I hope I never have to pull my pistol out of the holster other than to put it in the nightstand each night or practicing at the range. The last thing I want is to take a life, after talking with those that have I would not wish that burden on anyone.

It is just getting rediculous having all these crazy's lately make all gun owners look like ticking time-bombs. We have yet to see a concealed carry person able or willing to step in and end one of these shooting spree's. It just gives clowns like those at Cease Fire WA another thing to hold over all of us, heck he even brought it up specifically in the TV show last week. A permit holder has never stepped in and ended a mass killing spree. That is all I was saying, rather than these shooters just going thru their rampage unhindered it would be a welcome change to have a legal carrier stop them and show that (like we all know) 99% of legal gun owners are good people. The only time we hear about guns in the media is when they have been used to murder innocents.

I don't think it's true that it "never" happened, but I can't prove or disprove it.
Anyway, mass shootings are most decidedly not on the increase, that you can Google up yourself.

Get it in perspective: do the Americans killed by intentional shootings deserve better protection than the hundred-plus who die every day in car crashes, mostly caused by drunks and druggies?

Imagine if two jumbo jets crashed every WEEK! That's how many we lose to car crashes, and half of them aren't even in cars - they're peds and cyclists. So where's the outrage? "Oh no, that's different - I own a car!"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top