JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife and I deposited our ballots in the lockbox on Thursday... Now, I'm spending my evening filling all the empty cartridges. Can't take any more political news... Cannot wait for the election to be over... This has been the most grueling election season I can recall...

I usually vote conservative, maybe an Indie or two and a D or two I might have worked with in the past....

This year mostly Rs a couple of Is and the lone D who normally would have gotten my vote, didn't...you don't wave to me across the street in front of my work when you can take a moment come over and say "Hello, how's it going?" to one of your constituents....and still get my vote!

Sure, he will likely win but my vote won't help him.

I know, pretty snarky of me:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

3 hours of debating with the family and voting but finally got it finished. Kid learned a lot about reading between the lines but had a hard time with it to start - after much explaining and examples I think she got a decent education out of the experience.

I am sure this is the furthest apart my wife and I have ever voted, we probably canceled out most of the others votes but agreed on a few things.

Will drop them in the ballot box tomorrow.

My wife thinks I'm sexist and a republican now and I am only one of those things...:rolleyes:

Just about 36 hours left to get the ballots in. I'm happy to see so many reporting they have already voted, but there are many more I don't see weighing in on this - maybe because they don't want to share, or haven't seen this thread. Either way, I hope OR, WA, ID and CA gun owners as well as our members in states outside that area get out the vote in a big way this year - we need to send the message that we are united and in large numbers - even if we can't get the candidates we want - we still expect to be heard and our rights respected.

Thanks to all here in this thread and to those who have already voted but not weighed in here. Let's hope it makes a difference this year.

Seeing a pick truck filled with ballot boxes and a license plate that says "BUY OUT" does not instill comfort.

IMG_20161104_115241.jpg

My wife and I were on the same page on all of the initiatives I think, including the 2A and even may have swayed my daughter on that one in the end (she deals with and is exposed to a lot of teen suicides so it took probably the longest amount of time) but other then me announcing what I'm voting for, cuz I'm a loud mouth, we agreed that we were not going to announce what our vote was unless we wanted too.

Where a lot of the differences were made, I think, was the senators and Secretary of State positions and my only clue that we were possibly voting differently there was when my wife asked if I was voting only for men or just voting for party's...

I told her neither of those applied.

The worst thing you can do at this time is sit home and not vote.

Even worse, is voting. You thereby put your stamp of approval on the results, no matter how bad. You are supporting liberty-trashing D's, or liberty-trashing R's. No matter what, these folks are going to trash liberty.

If Hitler was running against Stalin, would you still vote? Which tyrant would you prefer? That may in fact be the choice we have this election.

I also don't think RKBA is at risk of politicians. Gun control is dead. All it takes is backbone on our part. If we don't have that, then it doesn't matter who wins; eventually we will be disarmed. But I am 100% certain there are enough of us who will not submit, making any attempt at gun-grabbing a failure.

I don't have any problem voting against tax hikes and other such ballot measures, but as to voting for human beings? "Don't vote. It only encourages them."

Even worse, is voting. You thereby put your stamp of approval on the results, no matter how bad. You are supporting liberty-trashing D's, or liberty-trashing R's. No matter what, these folks are going to trash liberty.

If Hitler was running against Stalin, would you still vote? Which tyrant would you prefer? That may in fact be the choice we have this election.

I also don't think RKBA is at risk of politicians. Gun control is dead. All it takes is backbone on our part. If we don't have that, then it doesn't matter who wins; eventually we will be disarmed. But I am 100% certain there are enough of us who will not submit, making any attempt at gun-grabbing a failure.

I don't have any problem voting against tax hikes and other such ballot measures, but as to voting for human beings? "Don't vote. It only encourages them."
I cannot support this nonsense. It is a right and a duty to vote even if you vote for minnie mouse. A right not excercised will be taken away by others and I cannot allow myself to let that happen.

Well, I asked politely in the OP to keep these kinds of comments out of this thread...so much for that.

I find many flaws in what you say, but fully support your right to your opinion and to share it. Besides, you already know I disagree with quite a bit of what you post, as you do with me. The one specific item I will address is your final comment. Voting may encourage them, but what the hell does not voting do? It also encourages them. It tells them people don't care or they've given up. That, in my book, is simply irresponsible. That's all I have to say about that.

Well, I asked politely in the OP to keep these kinds of comments out of this thread...so much for that.

I find many flaws in what you say, but fully support your right to your opinion and to share it. Besides, you already know I disagree with quite a bit of what you post, as you do with me. The one specific item I will address is your final comment. Voting may encourage them, but what the hell does not voting do? It also encourages them. It tells them people don't care or they've given up. That, in my book, is simply irresponsible. That's all I have to say about that.

Apathy is necessary for tyranny to flourish.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews