JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Come Tuesday, we may see the path of this country shift dramatically in one of two directions. One direction comes with a promise to protect our gun rights, the other comes with a promise to attack our gun rights. One of two candidates will become the next President. I know many will vote on more than just a single issue, but since this is a gun forum, in keeping within the rules, I'm focusing on that issue alone. If you care about your gun rights, then you must vote to protect them, from the local level to the national level. As a nation, we are greatly divided right now, perhaps more so than we have been since the Civil War era. But we have it within our power to help stem the tide of anti-gun laws and politicians that seek to strip one of our most basic, most important rights.

The worst thing you can do at this time is sit home and not vote. Don't listen to those that say your vote doesn't matter - it does. Even if we don't win all the battles, it still sends a message that there are many of us out there - and if you don't vote, that message is diminished.

Now I ask one thing on this thread, please be polite, please keep the topic to getting out and voting. There are plenty of other threads to bash candidates, parties and whether voting in and of itself is a waste of time - please make those comments there.

As for me, my wife and I completed our ballots on Friday evening and turned them in at our local election office on Saturday morning. Remember it's too late now to mail your ballots if you're an Oregon voter - you'll need to drop them off at your local election office.

Get out and vote! And please, consider voting pro-gun!

Thanks! :)

Thank you very much for the post!

Dropped ours off at the ballot box Friday. Note: for folks in Marion county, most Roths stores have a conveniently located box. There are other box locations thru-out the county however.

God bless America.

My wife and I mailed ours in almost three weeks ago! May god guide and give this great nation the guidance that we need!

Our children's and grandchildren's lives depend on what happens today! Lets not leave them a massive mess to clean up. We all matter!!

God Bless America

The combination of the electoral college and Oregon's demographics pretty much takes the suspense from the outcome of the presidential voting in this state, but I do believe it is important for a show of hands, if you will, of those opposed to the notion that freedom has an expiration date.

There is still hope on a statewide level that we can make a difference. Now is the time for women and men of good conscience to stand in the breach.

The combination of the electoral college and Oregon's demographics pretty much takes the suspense from the outcome of the presidential voting in this state, but I do believe it is important for a show of hands, if you will, of those opposed to the notion that freedom has an expiration date.

There is still hope on a statewide level that we can make a difference. Now is the time for women and men of good conscience to stand in the breach.

Agreed, win or lose in OR and WA in particular, we (gun owners) need to be counted, they need to know there are many of us out here. Staying home makes it appear that we don't care, even worse, it shows we can't unite.

We didn't trust the usps so ours were put in a drop box. Just hope this is a honest election in our area but I'm not going to hold my breath.

We didn't trust the usps so ours were put in a drop box. Just hope this is a honest election in our area but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Mine's been in for quite a while and like you, I hope that those in the WA elections office count it the way I marked it.

Ray

...and both candidates promise to bubblegum us right in the bubblegum every day for the next four years.

Yes, but the point of a Democracy is to choose the least bubblegumer & to keep doing so until you get one that's not a bubblegumer...takes decades & May in fact take centuries at this point.

-that's why I simply don't understand the folks who decide not to vote simply because a candididate that they backed did not gain nomination. It's really simple, choose the candidate which did get nominated which is the closest to ones values. Keep doing so.

Decide not to vote? STFU!

I voted, that entitles me to bubblegum about the two jackwagons as much as I want. The whole thing is so rigged it's silly, they don't even have to worry about fudging the counts, it's rigged way before they're even printed.

Trump is genuinely rocking the boat, since he isn't part of the establishment and they blew it big time by allowing him to get the nomination, but that doesn't mean that he's not going to screw us all over, he's just going to do it in a different way than the establishment wanted, and he might even screw them over too. Small benefits.

Sitting down as a family today, with the kid this year as a new addition.

My wife an I vote pretty close to each other but she is as anti trump as I am anti hitlery - kid will most likely follow her mom.

Not that I'm stoked about that but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinon.

I think John Adams would be repenting this election that he had anything to do with creating this republic. How did America fall so far and fail so badly to have two such losers as our countries nominees. We deserve what we have become. A country where each individuals rights is more important than his neighbors because it is legal. I am not a person that believes in religion but what ever happened to the concept of do onto others as you would have done onto you instead of do onto others before they do onto you. Regardless of who wins Tuesday America loses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top