JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many have given up on the NRA, but if you are a voting member and still want to try to effect change, the best bet is to get some reformers elected to the Board. The current nominating committee will only put forth names of those that won't make waves or try to upset the Wayne LaPierre bandwagon. The only way to get reformers on the ballot is through petition. There are four reform-based candidates vying to get on the ballot via petition but there isn't a lot of time left. The petitions must be submitted to the NRA by November 7, 2023 and Jeff Knox is requesting the petitions be to him by the end of October to give him enough time to get them submitted by the deadline. Details in the links below.

Many have given up on the NRA, but if you are a voting member and still want to try to effect change, the best bet is to get some reformers elected to the Board. The current nominating committee will only put forth names of those that won't make waves or try to upset the Wayne LaPierre bandwagon. The only way to get reformers on the ballot is through petition. There are four reform-based candidates vying to get on the ballot via petition but there isn't a lot of time left. The petitions must be submitted to the NRA by November 7, 2023 and Jeff Knox is requesting the petitions be to him by the end of October to give him enough time to get them submitted by the deadline. Details in the links below.

NRA used to be an org to fight for gun rights and promote youth shooting. Now it's an org to fund LaPierre's personal lawsuits, then spread money among the top management, then if there is any $ left over to 2A lawsuits.

Jeff Knox is a good dude, I hope gets the nod.
Good news. All four of the reform candidates received enough signatures to put them on the ballot. If you're an NRA voting member, please be sure to vote ONLY for these four reform candidates in the board election next year. If you know any voting-eligible members who don't know who to vote for, reach out to them and offer to ballot harvest for them.

Good news. All four of the reform candidates received enough signatures to put them on the ballot. If you're an NRA voting member, please be sure to vote ONLY for these four reform candidates in the board election next year. If you know any voting-eligible members who don't know who to vote for, reach out to them and offer to ballot harvest for them.

Thank you for that! I will vote for these four reformers - Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and Jeff Knox - who seem to be willing to shoot the wheels off the WLP bandwagon...

Ballots are supposed to be in the March issue of NRA magazines for those members eligible to vote.

"For anyone who has followed gun rights and the travails of the NRA , Jeff Knox needs no introduction.

It's hard to imagine a person more committed to turning the NRA from a rolling dumpster fire into a sound and effective organization.

Dennis Fusaro may be less known, but not to me. I have known Dennis for over 30 years and in that time seen his selfless dedication to this cause.

Fusaro, during his tenure at Gun Owners of America, was directly responsible for the creation of our organization, the Oregon Firearms Federation.

If you are known by the people who attack you, Fusaro has made all the right enemies.

I have zero faith in the NRA and their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but in the unlikely event that organization could ever be turned around these guys would be the ones to do it."

Kevin Starrett
Director

Oregon Firearms Federation

1708885273666.png

Buz Mills is worth keeping, too, he's one of the few who's spoken out about Wayne's abuses.
Adding Buz to the list I'm keeping...

Keep the good guy's and gal's names coming, folks!

2024 NRA BOD reform candidates.JPG

Last Edited:
Make it easy, ONLY those five and nobody else. Every vote for anyone else, even Ronnie Barrett or Kim Rhode, is a vote to edge them out because of how many "The Name You Know, Been Here Forever" thinkers there are among Low Info Voters. Safe bet that Wayne and his cronies bought lotsa Life memberships to stuff the box with... that's the kinda thing we gotta overcome.

Even then we need to be realistic, sweeping the board won't turn the ship overnight. If we put NRA reform in WWII terms with the last of Wayne's Weasels gone bein the Fall of Berlin, these five are just the first Higgins boat onto the beach at Normandy.

I'm a little out of the NRA loop ever since wayne was caught with hands in the cookie jar. But now that he's out I'm encouraged to get back to supporting the NRA. I'm a life member and can't even find any info on who has voting rights.

I'm a little out of the NRA loop ever since wayne was caught with hands in the cookie jar. But now that he's out I'm encouraged to get back to supporting the NRA. I'm a life member and can't even find any info on who has voting rights.
near as I can tell all members have voting rights, the ballot came in my march issue of shooting times. if you don't take one of the magazines I imagine you will get a ballot in the mail.

I have not contributed to the NRA since I got the word on WLP, and I will not contribute to the NRA again until he is really, actually, positively gone. And by that I mean no phuq'n golden parachute for him. If I hear one smidgen of him getting a retirement check, stock/shares, or whatever, then it's still a no-go for any money from me. He has to be interminably out and gone...

near as I can tell all members have voting rights, the ballot came in my march issue of shooting times. if you don't take one of the magazines I imagine you will get a ballot in the mail.
Actually, only fully paid lifetime members and annual members with five or more consecutive years of membership are eligible to vote (Article III, Section 6 of NRA bylaws). So if you've been a member for less than five years (consecutively) you won't receive a ballot. Since only around 5% of the ballots get returned, it's really important to contact your voting-eligible friends and encourage them to vote only for the five reform candidates posted above. And make sure they're returned by the deadline April 28, 2024 or they wont' be counted.

The saddest part is that they currently have a golden opportunity to clean house, restructure, and lay all the blame of any wrongdoing firmly in WLP's lap. (Even though the corruption didn't stop there and is fairly systemic in the BOD.) Return to what they once represented and swell their membership numbers. It doesn't appear they plan to take advantage of the opportunity.

Instead... the rumor mill has it that Charles Cotton is likely to be replacing him. The guy that 'approved' all the embezzling. Every cent had to go through him and some of the approvals he signed were sometimes retro'd back months and even years.

IOW, it appears the boards plan is to continue with "business as usual".

I had once held hope that, "if they could just get WLP out" they could/would turn things around and be worthy of support... again... but it certainly appears they are dead to me, forever.

It's all paid-off Life, and Annuals with five years "in good standing." This is why I went life, too many stories about Annuals having their payment get not recorded and told "Sux2BU, try again in 5 years."

I chose digital mags, but they always send the physical March issue of American Rifleman.

Like others I only vote for reformers nominated by petition each year. Don't trust any existing board members being renominated. Haven't donated money to the NRA in years but do give annually to SAF.

So, I got my March issue of A1F today.
Of the 5 reform candidates listed here 👇

2024 NRA BOD reform candidates.JPG

...only Owen "Buz" Mills is on the ballot in my magazine. That does not comport with the link in the post quoted above. Why do you s'poze that is...??? o_O
My conspiracy theory-oriented mind tells me that the NRA doesn't want me to vote for them. Hence, they didn't put them on the ballot in my mag, and probably thousands, if not millions, of other ballots. The whole "didn't make it on the ballot in time before going to print" excuse rings hollow to me, since the linked article says the four reform candidates garnered enough signatures to make it onto the ballot way back in November of 2023! :eek:

However, the ballot does have space on the back for up to 5 write-in candidates, but the instructions say that one must also include the write-in candidates' city and state of principal residence. Any way to find out what the other 4 write-in candidates' addresses are? I really want to put the four of them on this ballot, and not vote for anyone else but these five folks. Any help is appreciated...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top