JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I got my March issue of A1F today.
Of the 5 reform candidates listed here 👇

View attachment 1831642

...only Owen "Buz" Mills is on it.

The ballot has space on the back for up to 5 write-in candidates, but the instructions say that one must also include the write-in candidates' city and state of principal residence. Any way to find out what the other 4 write-in candidates' addresses are? I really want to put the four of them on this ballot, and not vote for anyone else but these five folks. Any help is appreciated...
Look closely at your ballot. All five should already be listed - they are on mine.

But if whatever reason they're not on yours, here's the list of reformers with their localities:

Owen "Buz" Mills is Paulden, AZ

Thanks for the link, CLRT! I can vote appropriately now. :s0155::s0155:

You'll see below (clicky to embiggen) that in my magazine, not a one of those four reform folks are listed. I'm pretty sure that my ballot is not the only one like this, out of millions of them. I'm wondering just how many other thousands (hundreds of thousands?? millions???) of ballots these four don't show up on...

2024 NRA BOD ballot choices.JPG

You'll see below (clicky to embiggen) that in my magazine, not a one of those four reform folks are listed. I'm pretty sure that my ballot is not the only one like this, out of millions of them. I'm wondering just how many other thousands (hundreds of thousands?? millions???) of ballots these four don't show up on...

View attachment 1831690
That's not the ballot. That is the list that the NRA recommends.

The reformers are on the ballot.

Bruce

View attachment 1831690
This photo isn't your actual ballot where you fill in the votes for the candidates.
You're looking at the "Report of the Nominating Committee". They routinely never list any outside challengers. These are only the hand-selected nominees of the nominating committee. If you look at the names in the right column of who is on this committee, you'll see nothing but a bunch of LaPierre's lackeys. Surprise, surprise. You'll recall that one of LaPierre's stategies, along with his brown-nosing toadies, was to strip the committee assignments of anyone that tried to rock the boat.

I'm shocked that Buz Mills made it on this list, maybe they felt obligated to list him being as he is already a sitting board member.

The overwhelming majority of NRA members pick candidates from this list, without doing any further research. With only about 5% of ballots returned, this is why it has been so difficult over the years to make any meaningful changes to the board.

If enough members bullet vote for only the reformers, this may be the year things finally start to turn for the better.

This photo isn't your actual ballot where you fill in the votes for the candidates.
You're looking at the "Report of the Nominating Committee". They routinely never list any outside challengers. These are only the hand-selected nominees of the nominating committee. If you look at the names in the right column of who is on this committee, you'll see nothing but a bunch of LaPierre's lackeys. Surprise, surprise. You'll recall that one of LaPierre's stategies, along with his brown-nosing toadies, was to strip the committee assignments of anyone that tried to rock the boat.

I'm shocked that Buz Mills made it on this list, maybe they felt obligated to list him being as he is already a sitting board member.

The overwhelming majority of NRA members pick candidates from this list, without doing any further research. With only about 5% of ballots returned, this is why it has been so difficult over the years to make any meaningful changes to the board.

If enough members bullet vote for only the reformers, this may be the year things finally start to turn for the better.
Yup, @bcp set me straight, right above my last post (above yours)... Thanks!

I don't feel as smrt as I usually do. :oops:
I mean s-m-a-r-t...

full.gif

They should have been on there, Phil is "Philp Journey." Knox is "Jeffrey Knox."
They're there. I was looking at the wrong list. I was looking at the NRA's buttkissin' crony list in the magazine, and not the actual ballot.
I've since been skewled...

They're there. I was looking at the wrong list. I was looking at the NRA's buttkissin' crony list in the magazine, and not the actual ballot.
I've since been skewled...
Happens to all of us, amigo. God knows I find my brain being Swiss cheese more often lately than I'd like to admit... OMG, I'm turning into an honest, non-pedo version of Biden! :(

Happens to all of us, amigo. God knows I find my brain being Swiss cheese more often lately than I'd like to admit... OMG, I'm turning into an honest, non-pedo version of Biden! :(
My excuse is, "It's all the drugs..."

ALSO...
There is also a separate ballot for a proposal to amend the NRA bylaws. It is included with your regular board member ballot. Jeff Knox recommends a YES vote for this issue.

"On the Bylaw question, "…should the Board create the position of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)?" I recommend a YES vote.

The Bylaws require a member vote to create any new officer position, and the Board wants to create the position of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO). The CCO is to be an expert on ethics, best practices, and legal and regulatory compliance. By creating this position as an official officer position in accordance with the proposed Bylaws amendments, the CCO will serve at the pleasure of the Board. That means he or she can't be fired or suspended by the CEO. That's important. The NRA was, at its peak a few years ago, an almost half-billion-dollar-a-year corporation, but it was run like a local gun club. We need professional managers who understand the complexities of the corporate, and nonprofit world."

Here's the link to the article if you want more detail: https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/nr...24-here-is-how-you-should-vote/#axzz8Ss98ErvG

ALSO...
There is also a separate ballot for a proposal to amend the NRA bylaws. It is included with your regular board member ballot. Jeff Knox recommends a YES vote for this issue.
Thanks for that, CLTR! I saw that on the ballot after you steered me to the proper document.
I was contemplating a YES vote for myself, but now that Jeff Knox recommends it, it's a done deal for me.

Friendly reminder, if you haven't sent in your ballot yet, please do it now. The NRA must receive ballots by April 28 or they will not be counted. Not postmarked by April 28, but received by April 28.

Please send a reminder to your voting-eligible friends and family as well.

Friendly reminder, if you haven't sent in your ballot yet, please do it now. The NRA must receive ballots by April 28 or they will not be counted. Not postmarked by April 28, but received by April 28.

Please send a reminder to your voting-eligible friends and family as well.
Just dropped mine in the mail last night. Thanks for the reminder for all of us procrastinators! :s0155:

My ballot goes in the mail today. Kinda excited that the expo is in Dallas. I went 2 yrs ago when they were in Houston. Once you got past the protestors, it was a good show. The show came a couple weeks after the Uvalde school shooting.

I'm a noob and from TX. I came here because of a classified ad I saw listed here. Go figure...

My ballot goes in the mail today. Kinda excited that the expo is in Dallas. I went 2 yrs ago when they were in Houston. Once you got past the protestors, it was a good show. The show came a couple weeks after the Uvalde school shooting.

I'm a noob and from TX. I came here because of a classified ad I saw listed here. Go figure...
Thanks for getting your ballot in and welcome to the forum.

Welcome. I've got lotsa family in south Ft. Worth, Benbrook to be exact. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top