JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Does anyone else see this from the main page or is it just me?

1674292237126.png

I verified I don't have any ignored threads and, obviously ,it's still accessible. A glitch?

Somebody has you on ignore, and their thread is at the top of the section. Then it gets bumped down by another thread and 'the ignored content' message leaves the summary view of sections. Or at least that's my guess.

Upvote 1
Somebody has you on ignore, and their thread is at the top of the section. Then it gets bumped down by another thread and 'the ignored content' message leaves the summary view of sections. Or at least that's my guess.
In the past, when someone has you on ignore you still see the thread and the OP of the ignoror. Just not subsequent posts they might might make.... but it's possible that's changed and you're correct.

The little red light on the master thread going out I have never seen before. Maybe if you clicked to mark the entire thread as read that would clear the "new" notification, but I never do.

It was like that the better part of the day (at least) and I did the typical clear cache, reboot, refresh things to clear a possible glitch on my side, but it persisted... hence the question post... and per how things usually go... as soon as I asked the question it seemed to resolve on it's own. 🤣

Upvote 0
I get the same thing from time to time. I have lots of people on Ignore, but supposedly I should still should be able to see their first posts but I can't. There was a thread about it a year or so ago. I gave up trying to get it fixed.

Upvote 0
Maybe you accidentally ignored a thread? Not sure….
Nah. I checked my ignoreds to see if I mighta did an inadvertent click, but nothin... and it seems to have corrected itself with no intervention on my part so... I'm going with "server glitch".

Upvote 0
Probably. But why then does the "new content" indicator on the master thread go out if it's only one thread OP that's has me on their ignore list? That's part of what threw me... the master thread indicating no new posts and "thread ignored"... when any other time... even if the thread OP ignores me... It never shows the thread as "ignored", you can see the OP and can access and reply(?)

Still seems like theres a glitch/inconsistency in there somewhere's... ;)

Not at all a big deal. Everything was still fully accessible. Just curious site behaviour.

Upvote 0
I figured it out!! It did the same thing again and I cheated. I opened it in another browser... not logged in... and it makes sense now. It's not from a member ignore issue.

That particular thread I posted the comment, "Some people are sheeple."

That earned my post being deleted, a PM from the mod (no name) reminding me of the rule to be respectful and I was BANNED from the thread. So now... whenever that thread rises to the top I get that "thread ignored" message and "northwest firearm" avatar noted in the OP.

:s0140:

Upvote 0
I figured it out!! It did the same thing again and I cheated. I opened it in another browser... not logged in... and it makes sense now. It's not from a member ignore issue.

That particular thread I posted the comment, "Some people are sheeple."

That earned my post being deleted, a PM from the mod (no name) reminding me of the rule to be respectful and I was BANNED from the thread. So now... whenever that thread rises to the top I get that "thread ignored" message and "northwest firearm" avatar noted in the OP.

:s0140:
Ha! You got a spanking! :s0002:

Upvote 0
Ha! You got a spanking! :s0002:
Yeah. Pretty rediculous response to the actual comment.... but.... you know how when you are driving the same road every day doing 15mph over the speed limit, but the one day your moving slower... and just happens to be the day you get ticketed for 5mph over the limit... you can't complain and just write if off as, "I was due."?

Same difference. :s0140:

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah. Pretty rediculous reponse to the actual comment.... but.... you know how when you are driving the same road every day doing 15mph over the speed limit, but the one day your moving slower... and just happens to be the day you get ticketed for 5mph over the limit... you can't complain and just write if off as, "I was due."?

Same difference. :s0140:
Trust me. You're not alone. Haha.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR