JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Short version, no it doesn't, that's from personal experience as well as others i shoot with and have spoken too.

I'll be honest, i don't use it for cleaning, i'll stick to my M-Pro7 for that (see the bore sight thread) but for lube and protection, this has worked great on my pistols/rifles/double barrels :)

Here's someone else's test/review.

I have the paste and liquid version and it works well in most situations. I now that pre-coating everything like your barrel and action allows for wipe easy cleaning after a day of shooting.

It's not bad, my 1911 seems to run longer before it gets sluggish. I shot 700 round of lead last weekend, it built up a little gunk that didn't "just wipe off". But that doesn't surprise me. I will keep using it.

It's not bad, my 1911 seems to run longer before it gets sluggish. I shot 700 round of lead last weekend, it built up a little gunk that didn't "just wipe off". But that doesn't surprise me. I will keep using it.
Have you put it through the 2/3 'seasoning' applications yet? and are you using the older version that needed shaking before use?

It's had a few seasonings, the wife hates that I use her hair dryer. It doesn't say anything about shaking it. It's in a small tube, about the consistency of shampoo until it touches the hot metal.

It's had a few seasonings, the wife hates that I use her hair dryer. It doesn't say anything about shaking it. It's in a small tube, about the consistency of shampoo until it touches the hot metal.
Ohhh, you have the liquid.

I found the paste to be easier, only using the liquid on patches etc.

I i think there is a little symbol on the label for the newer non shake version, but without checking my bottle at home, i can't find out what it is.

This may be a bit "old school" ,, but I've used Mercruiser synthetic gear lube for out drives for years and years to oil all my guns and it makes them super easy to clean up after using corrosive ammo and makes slides and actions super smooth. I've got one new gun I've put > 2K rounds through so far and there isn't even a speck of bluing wear on the slide or frame so far, so must be it works well. Cheap too by comparison, a pint bottle was like 3-4 bucks and I've been using the same bottle for 5-6 years and it's only about half gone and my stable contains over 100 guns that get used allot, so it goes along ways besides.

Most of these new products are nothing more than overpriced oil, in a spray can,,,synthetic gear lube and carb cleaner have been my go-to's for years. Just don't let carb cleaner get on composite or wood stocks/grips/frames or gun coat type finishes,,,that WILL fug them up!!!! Use carb cleaner on "real steel " only.

But then again all my guns , other than a couple are real steel,,,not Tupperware, so that method works well for me. PS,,,care full of plastic base plates too,,,,unless you like the "wrinkle finish look!!! LOL!!!

Carb cleaner REALLY cleans out that powder fowling and old cosmoline, and great for surplus stocks you're getting ready for refinish as a "final rinse", just let them air dry for quite a while if refinishing a stock though. It will really pull out the oil and cosmoline on old milsurp stocks and actions.

Careful with getting it mixed with any possible petroleum based residue left over from previous products, it might get sticky.

I haven't tried the FL yet, but I'm like the OP I really love the M-Pro 7 cleaners and lubes. Someday I may try it, but right now I'm happy with the status quo. Later,
D.

Yeah, i'm actually very close to having burned through my MPro7 cleaner in just a few guns, probably going to grab some more from Sportsmans, i'm not sure there is anything that's really any better for just a cleaner?

I use the frog lube solvent about twice a month when I tear my pistol all the way down (usually 700-1000 rounds).
After a range trip I just wipe it down with a paper towel and add a little lube.
I've been using the paste now for a little while and I really like it, I still keep the liquid in my range bag, it's easy to add a drop when needed.
On a side note I switched to Bayou Bullets instead of Missouri Lead, it makes cleanup a lot easier and faster!

Well I just ordered some to see what it is all about. I have used Tetra for a while but figure if the Frog Lube smells good the wife might not complain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top