JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Phonetically, shout: "Try-Gah La 'S'-Co-PET-ah!!!" (¡Traiga la escopeta!) "Bring the shotgun!"
The dimmest of bulbs seem to comprehend that.

Oh, and while all of this interaction is occurring, make sure to guard your 6, for the accomplice(s) at the back door.

E74F3362-C66E-4C45-BFA3-CC7052E2DD4F.png
This is weird as it looks like I typed this but didn't. I've never glitched on accident or on purpose, LOL

As to earlier replies about my 15 year old daughter. Yes, I'd trust her with any firearm. Year before last she was the bronze place nationally for her age group in smallbore and placed fourth in precision air rifle. She could probably teach me about firearm safety, LOL. Aside from my proud Dad statement, she did well when I told her to get the other kids in their rooms while we figure out what's going on. She never questioned why, never came out even after hearing gunfire. She trusts me and knows not to open the door unless she hears familiar voices.

I have a good one:
-U district, I walked into my room (ground level), and immediately noticed an out of place guy (college student area) looking into my room. I grabbed my M44 Mosin from the closet, pulled a handfull of rouds off the stock pouch, and turned on the light in my room. We made eye contact, I looked down at my gun, looked back up, and then slowly started loading rounds into the magazine. I made sure he had a good visual of the bullets just to spook him. Friggin took off running like a horse.

I do not hate immigrants.
I don't hate immigrants either. I don't think I said that, in fact I like a lot of immigrants, I'd like them a lot better if they spoke English, but the cartels I have no love for Hunters business partners! And I'm pretty sure most South Americans hate *them infinitely more than I do.

Hey @kmk1012 you should probably watch this 5 min video to make sure your covered. Times like this best to re asses the plans & implements top to bottom. Its a 5 min quick watch. Its mainly pertains to WiFi camera systems.

Last Edited:
I have no idea what that is?
Hint: *click..clack*

This is weird as it looks like I typed this but didn't. I've never glitched on accident or on purpose, LOL
No this is a problem on my end.. I'm on mobile and I will type out a message AND HIT "post reply" but then the message I JUST POSTED will remain (even after refresh etc). I can delete all the text but there's no way to delete a linked quote IF I *quoted someone in that sent post. Its annoying.. Sorry. That's why I typed that message, so hopefully everyone just ignores it. I know others are having this issue as well.
I just realized though. I bet since I'm using the simple mode if I enable the full editor I bet I can delete it since it will be text.
Now if only I can remember that the next time it happens.. :s0002::s0107:

Edit: I have been known to set someone up once (or twice) to put some fake words in their "mouth peice" *guilty as charged* :)

Last Edited:
I don't mean to armchair quarterback here, but did the guy attempt to force entry, get violent, threaten you with harm, etc? Did he appear to be armed or engage in aggressive behavior? Obviously you were there and experienced it, so perhaps I'm not getting all the context regarding this encounter, but from your description it sounds like a dude with the wrong address and a possible language barrier more than a threatening situation.

I also don't understand why you fired the warning shots - if he didn't pose a threat there's no justification to discharge the weapon, and if he did pose a threat you should be firing at him, not into the dirt.

Sounds like you're taking it as a learning experience, which is good - taking a critical look at what happened after the dust settles is a great way to identify how to improve future performance. I would recommend reconsidering your overall approach to these situations. You have a locked door and a firearm - going out to confront the guy puts you at risk unnecessarily, and if you did have to use deadly force in this situation you could be considered the aggressor in the eyes of the law because you brought the gun out first.

I do not hate immigrants, but I do think having different languages everywhere is doing a disservice to the English-speaking population that are native to this country. No more signs in all the different languages. Everyone should have to learn the language of the country that they are immigrating/moving to. Period.
I've been reading a bunch of history involving immigrants to USA in former eras. Mostly books or videos by Thomas Sowell. Most of the first generation didn't speak English. They moved to cities with others from their country of origin, often others from the same village even. Often with economic help from relatives. That way they could find jobs and fit in economically and socially without speaking English. Sometimes the oldsters learned English but often not. But their kids did. Not so easy to learn a new language as an adult while working 16 HR days at minimum wage jobs and raising a family. So the melting pot worked, but it took two generations in most cases before there were enough language skills and familiarity with the broader American culture so they could spread out into the general population. If people had to know English before immigrating here, that would mostly limit immigrants to people from English speaking countries or to rich people whose families can afford schooling and tutors--people who least need to emmigrate.

Mostly books or videos by Thomas Sowell.
I love Thomas Sowell. He's amazing.
I'm a fan of the Israeli system, they pay for your language classes to learn their language for a year. Enough to get by on at least. If you can't or won't learn than out you go, you have no excuses when they are free and paid for by taxes. At least they recognize that the main way to destroy a people, a civilization utterly is to destroy their language and their history. They see it as the threat that it is. Doesn't mean you can't speak your native lang. at home and else where but you have to know the native language.

I love Thomas Sowell. He's amazing.
I'm a fan of the Israeli system, they pay for your language classes to learn their language for a year. Enough to get by on at least. If you can't or won't learn than out you go, you have no excuses when they are free and paid for by taxes. At least they recognize that the main way to destroy a people, a civilization utterly is to destroy their language and their history. They see it as the threat that it is. Doesn't mean you can't speak your native lang. at home and else where but you have to know the native language.
Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Thomas Sowell. For those who might be interested...He's a prominent conservative economist, historian, sociologist. Now a Sr. Scholar at Hoover Institute. Also black. Now 90. Born in segregated south. Grew up mostly in Harlem. Joined Marines during WWII. AB from Harvard. PhD U of Chicago. Taught at Cornell a while. Has written a few dozen books. When he addresses any subject, say, affirmative action, he considers it over hundreds of years in multiple countries. So you end up seeing how affirmative action has worked--or, as it turns out, failed, pretty much wherever and whenever tried, harming all concerned including those it was designed to help. Check out his YouTube videos, especially those done on Uncommon Knowledge, where Peter Robinson is the interviewer, the most thorough rigorous interviewer I've seen. Several of Sowell's books are available free in audio versions on YouTube too, including his memoirs, one of the most fascinating. Has an irreverent sense of humor and is a cheerful, undaughtable, fearless character.

Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Thomas Sowell. For those who might be interested...He's a prominent conservative economist, historian, sociologist. Now a Sr. Scholar at Hoover Institute. Also black. Now 90. Born in segregated south. Grew up mostly in Harlem. Joined Marines during WWII. AB from Harvard. PhD U of Chicago. Taught at Cornell a while. Has written a few dozen books. When he addresses any subject, say, affirmative action, he considers it over hundreds of years in multiple countries. So you end up seeing how affirmative action has worked--or, as it turns out, failed, pretty much wherever and whenever tried, harming all concerned including those it was designed to help. Check out his YouTube videos, especially those done on Uncommon Knowledge, where Peter Robinson is the interviewer, the most thorough rigorous interviewer I've seen. Several of Sowell's books are available free in audio versions on YouTube too, including his memoirs, one of the most fascinating. Has an irreverent sense of humor and is a cheerful, undaughtable, fearless character.
In all honesty if we wanted better presidents, all candidates would have to debate with him as the moderator. He is a force to be reckoned with and would swiftly separate the wheat from the chaff. I would NOT care to argue against him, I don't think anyone has successfully won against him.
I wonder if him and Jordan Peterson have ever talked?

Sorry for that tangent everyone.. Now back to the main event! ;)

I don't mean to armchair quarterback here...
The way I read it, there was an unacceptably late hour. The "radar" goes up. I think it's pretty widely accepted that knocking on someones door after 8pm is a no no, unless you have been invited, expected or have previous implied permission... like a close friend/neighbor/family member. Maybe the guy thought he was expected, but it should have been painfully obvious from the first moment of contact that he was not. Any average person would beat a hasty retreat with sincere apologies.

After being informed he had the wrong address, there is no arguing that point. Doing so, the bad actor radar get's set off and goes up a notch.

Repeated that he had the wrong address and told to leave. His implied permission to be on kmk1012's private property has been revoked and the law requires him to leave immediately.

Continues to argue and verbally continues to attempt to gain access to the home. That's where he really bubblegummed up. Now he's trespassing and attempting to coerce entry.

Calling for his gun, the implication is clear that kmk1012 feels threatend and intends to defend himself and his family. It was not inappropriate and not a directed threat of bodily harm against the bad actor.

The guy not displaying a visible weapon in no way makes him any less of a potential threat at that point. If you wait to be on your guard until a bad actor is in the process of threatening and attacking with a weapon, you're already behind the 8 ball.

From there it kinda seems to be a judgement call. If km1012 lives in an area that does not disallow the discharge of a firearm on private property, it could be argued that it wasn't illegal or irresponsibly and wildly out of line. There's a lot we don't know, ie., has there been similar situations in the area that went badly, maybe he's sensitive to it from previous bad experiences, felt other areas of his property might be in jeopardy, etc. The fact that the guy was still trespassing and continuing to encroach deeper onto his property might be a factor. Although, it's quite possible the bad actor was unware of that(?) I dunno.

So, possibly it wasn't "illegal" per se, and within his rights, but... I think most would agree it was an inappropriate escalation and not following the best practices in relation to the use of a firearm.

Personally, I most certainly would not, but "he" ain't "me", and I suspect he's aware of where he lives and what juristictional laws apply in his area.

All that said, I've lived many a year in very rural areas where there is no neighbor that will hear you scream (but they will a gunshot) and no police that will arrive within any reasonable amount of time. You are left to your own devices and demonstrating a fierce protective presence over your domain is sometimes par for the course. It wasn't uncommon to let off a single round into the air simply to alert your neighbors something was up and to be vigilant. 2 rapid shots or more, everyone knew to come fast and come armed.

I'm not saying they have a neighborly agreement/system and he was simply alerting his neighbors, but it's possible... for all we know.

There is also a completely different approach I think was being suggested. Some people may choose to close and lock the door, hide in the bathroom with their firearm and hope the threat goes away.

Some people choose to stand their ground and not be intimidated by a potential threat. I know which one "I" choose, but everyone's free to make their own choice.

Being the moral police over a situation with limited information and potentially in an environment that may be a bit foreign to what most might be used to doesn't serve much purpose, though.👍

Last Edited:
The in laws were staying her for the last two weeks so the cameras have been off. You betcha that they are on tonight, they left this morning.
Sounds like your drive is long enough that you may benefit from simple driveway alert/chimes. Would give you all an audible heads up, then you can check the cameras...

I've been reading a bunch of history involving immigrants to USA in former eras. Mostly books or videos by Thomas Sowell. Most of the first generation didn't speak English. They moved to cities with others from their country of origin, often others from the same village even. Often with economic help from relatives. That way they could find jobs and fit in economically and socially without speaking English. Sometimes the oldsters learned English but often not. But their kids did. Not so easy to learn a new language as an adult while working 16 HR days at minimum wage jobs and raising a family. So the melting pot worked, but it took two generations in most cases before there were enough language skills and familiarity with the broader American culture so they could spread out into the general population. If people had to know English before immigrating here, that would mostly limit immigrants to people from English speaking countries or to rich people whose families can afford schooling and tutors--people who least need to emmigrate.
I'm not saying they have to know English before they come here, I'm just saying that if they come here they have to understand that they need to make an effort to learn it. By putting signs and different things like that in all these different languages it pretty much tells anyone that they don't have to make an effort to learn the language. Not only that, the ultra leftist are weaponizing peoples ability to speak different languages when it comes to hiring practices and getting into school programs. One of the nurses I work with said that she got an additional 20 points more than English only speakers because she happens to speak her native language (Chinese) and that was part of the new "Equity and inclusion" portion of the nursing application. So you can see that an immigrant was given an unfair advantage over a person who is born in this country that only speaks our "official" language.

Last Edited:
Checking back in here after getting some sleep. Our driveway isn't a place you accidentally go to, the address is well marked and lit up. After he did not leave when being told he had the wrong address and kept on asking me to open the door so I could see something, my inner alarm went off. When he finally realized he wasn't getting in he returned to his car where there were several others in it. They pulled away to my back driveway, at this point I'm in my back/side yard observing. That's when I put two into my well lawn, it's well irrigated and no neighbors in background. That's what sent them on their way. I noticed a car at the home down from us that's being renovated and is currently empty. The car that the guy left in, turned around and pulled in behind them at the vacant house. My wife called (left message) to the owners. The owner called back this morning and said no one should have been there. Very creepy for all of us. Shooting where I live is a way of life and is in no way illegal or dangerous, not even a question. These people were up to no good and hopefully got my message to not come back.

The way I read it, there was an unacceptably late hour. The "radar" goes up. I think it's pretty widely accepted that knocking on someones door after 8pm is a no no, unless you have been invited, expected or have previous implied permission... like a close friend/neighbor/family member. Maybe the guy thought he was expected, but it should have been painfully obvious from the first moment of contact that he was not. Any average person would beat a hasty retreat with sincere apologies.

After being informed he had the wrong address, there is no arguing that point. Doing so, the bad actor radar get's set off and goes up a notch.

Repeated that he had the wrong address and told to leave. His implied permission to be on kmk1012's private property has been revoked and the law requires him to leave immediately.

Continues to argue and verbally continues to attempt to gain access to the home. That's where he really bubblegummed up. Now he's trespassing and attempting to coerce entry.

Calling for his gun, the implication is clear that kmk1012 feels threatend and intends to defend himself and his family. It was not inappropriate and not a directed threat of bodily harm against the bad actor.

The guy not displaying a visible weapon in no way makes him any less of a potential threat at that point. If you wait to be on your guard until a bad actor is in the process of threatening and attacking with a weapon, you're already behind the 8 ball.

From there it kinda seems to be a judgement call. If km1012 lives in an area that does not disallow the discharge of a firearm on private property, it could be argued that it wasn't illegal or irresponsibly and wildly out of line. There's a lot we don't know, ie., has there been similar situations in the area that went badly, maybe he's sensitive to it from previous bad experiences, felt other areas of his property might be in jeopardy, etc. The fact that the guy was still trespassing and continuing to encroach deeper onto his property might be a factor. Although, it's quite possible the bad actor was unware of that(?) I dunno.

So, possibly it wasn't "illegal" per se, and within his rights, but... I think most would agree it was an inappropriate escalation and not following the best practices in relation to the use of a firearm.

Personally, I most certainly would not, but "he" ain't "me", and I suspect he's aware of where he lives and what juristictional laws apply in his area.

All that said, I've lived many a year in very rural areas where there is no neighbor that will hear you scream (but they will a gunshot) and no police that will arrive within any reasonable amount of time. You are left to your own devices and demonstrating a fierce protective presence over your domain is sometimes par for the course. It wasn't uncommon to let off a single round into the air simply to alert your neighbors something was up and to be vigilant. 2 rapid shots or more, everyone knew to come fast and come armed.

I'm not saying they have a neighborly agreement/system and he was simply alerting his neighbors, but it's possible... for all we know.

There is also a completely different approach I think was being suggested. Some people may choose to close and lock the door, hide in the bathroom with their firearm and hope the threat goes away.

Some people choose to stand their ground and not be intimidated by a potential threat. I know which one "I" choose, but everyone's free to make their own choice.

Being the moral police over a situation with limited information and potentially in an environment that may be a bit foreign to what most might be used to doesn't serve much purpose, though.👍
Thank you for taking the time to type that. Most of it is spot on and you put in words what I couldn't seem to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top