JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know. I live in South Carolina now and the laws are OK but theyre arent great. No open carry which chaps me but you can carry a gun in your glove box even with no permit. Its not the gun laws that are terrible . Full day class to get a carry permit which really sucks compared to WA. The biggest problem is theres nowhere to shoot. Sure you can go to a sanctioned range or if you know someone that has rural private property but thats it. Very little to no state land you can just find a good spot to shoot on like in Washington and Oregon. The Governor is a good guy though and when theis Covid crap started he steadfastly maintained that gun shops will remain open because that is a right. Churches will remain open because that is a right. so on and so on.

I think the Guns & Ammo magazine Most & Least Gun Friendly States is a much more REALISTIC assessment of Gun Friendly and Unfriendly States. Please disregard any list that considers California friendlier than 25 other states.. On this list California ranks #47 on friendliness, and New York ranks #51 .. I guess Washington DC was added to the list and is even better than New York .

For folks that want to cross-walk polls or ratings, compare the G&A rankings with those offered by the Gabby Giffords Law Center. Of course, her ranking should be the inverse of G&A.

I don't know. I live in South Carolina now and the laws are OK but theyre arent great. No open carry which chaps me but you can carry a gun in your glove box even with no permit. Its not the gun laws that are terrible . Full day class to get a carry permit which really sucks compared to WA. The biggest problem is theres nowhere to shoot. Sure you can go to a sanctioned range or if you know someone that has rural private property but thats it. Very little to no state land you can just find a good spot to shoot on like in Washington and Oregon. The Governor is a good guy though and when theis Covid crap started he steadfastly maintained that gun shops will remain open because that is a right. Churches will remain open because that is a right. so on and so on.

Yah, SC is weird.

No way to carry as a regular visitor or tourist (non-Leo).

No honoring of any other states, similar to Oregon. Dunno about neighboring states residents being able to apply for a non-resident, maybe they can.

I'll be looking into how to deal with getting a non-resident permit there (or whatever they call it), as I'm a real property owner now.

For folks that want to cross-walk polls or ratings, compare the G&A rankings with those offered by the Gabby Giffords Law Center. Of course, her ranking should be the inverse of G&A.

Yeah, that's a great resource! Damn it, Tennessee only get's a D-! I want an F-! :D

I think with the more lenient gun laws passed in Tennessee in 2020 , we will join the F ratings like the other Southern states.

At first glance the map has some good features but then a closer looks shows a bunch of questionable rankings. Like how can Il only be #23.
Not sure this map is very good overall.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top