JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some legal questions that I would like to get an opinion letter from the Oregon AG on to cover my bubblegum. Of course AGs rarely answer questions from the general public, let alone out of staters, but they do respond to elected representatives. So, if you want to ask an AG a question, you need to route it through an elected intermediary. Trouble is most wont do it.

This is a long shot, but do you know of any reps who might be willing to fish for a pro gun opinion letter or two?

The risk of course is if you have an anti-gun AG (I have no idea), so if the guy is an enemy than obviously I would not want anything sent to him, so what is your opinion on the AG, is he likely to issue friendly opinions based on the technicalities of the law, or an anti who will issue opinions based on idiology and never even read the law?

I won't get into what I want to ask about to avoid derailing my own thread, or getting it locked, but if you really want to know, there is another thread on it. Just don't mention it here, I am not asking those questions here.

Well, Betsy Johnson (D) possibly. She's a solid old-school type of Democrat and is fairly consistent with her pro-business and anti-kneejerkguncontrol stances. The last I heard a few years ago, she owns at least one full-auto firearm, if that's any indication.

Keith

The risk of course is if you have an anti-gun AG (I have no idea), so if the guy is an enemy than obviously I would not want anything sent to him, so what is your opinion on the AG, is he likely to issue friendly opinions based on the technicalities of the law, or an anti who will issue opinions based on idiology and never even read the law?

The incumbent Oregon Attorney General, Ellen Rosenblum, is arguably the most left leaning AG in Oregon history.
Since you identify yourself as being in Michigan, I'll try to give you a little taste of who you are asking about.

Early in her career, she was an Assistant United States Attorney in Portland.... she was detested by members the rank and file of the LE community, who had the misfortune to have their cases assigned to her.

She has always been a creature of liberal values, resonating with her father's values who was president of Reed College, the most left leaning college in Oregon.

She is married to the former publisher of Willamette Week, a leftist rag in Portland.

She is the perfect bookend to the current Governor of Oregon.

If you are on a quest for an impartial, unbiased opinion from her office, good luck on that brother. :rolleyes:

The preceding comments made by the poster are based on personal opinion and are not to be taken as any aspersion on the individual discussed.

Last Edited:
The incumbent Oregon Attorney General, Ellen Rosenblum, is arguably the most left leaning AG in Oregon history.
Since you identify yourself as being in Michigan, I'll try to give you a little taste of who you are asking about.

Early in her career, she was an Assistant United States Attorney in Portland.... she was detested by members the rank and file of the LE community, who had the misfortune to have their cases assigned to her.

She has always been a creature of liberal values, resonating with her father's values who was president of Reed College, the most left leaning college in Oregon.

She is married to the former publisher of Willamette Week, a leftist rag in Portland.

She is the perfect bookend to the current Governor of Oregon.

If you are on a quest for an impartial, unbiased opinion from her office, good luck on that brother. :rolleyes:

The preceding comments made by the poster are based on personal opinion and are not to be taken as a any aspersion on the individual discussed.

Well, that's that then. You cannot expect a communist to rule according to black letter law or common sense, only the communist agenda. It was worth a shot though.

If she is indeed as you describe than getting an opinion letter from her can only make things worse, so I will not ask for one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top