JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All guns are always loaded.
Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I am aware of two accidental discharges. One happened right next to me. Luckily the muzzle was pointed away. Both times the people were preparing to put their guns away. The other time the guy shot a hole in his trunk. No one was hurt but the smallest distraction can kill.

Can't imagine what everyone involved is going through right now.

That's so sad! :( You really want to watch people who handle loaded firearms on a daily basis!
Familiarity does breed contempt! Or, at least, carelessness!

Bless both families!

I am aware of two accidental discharges. One happened right next to me. Luckily the muzzle was pointed away. Both times the people were preparing to put their guns away. The other time the guy shot a hole in his trunk. No one was hurt but the smallest distraction can kill.

Can't imagine what everyone involved is going through right now.

And those would both be NEGLIGENT discharges.....not accidental.....

See?!?... Ya got me started
Yeah, it's so tempting to go on about safety rules and so forth but it's been said here and doesn't need repeating here. The shooter is in for a rough couple of decades of grief and guilt. Then there are the family and friends of the victim. Just awful all the way around.

It never fails that the old saying rears it's ugly head.

Complacency kills.

And unfortunately it usually kills someone innocent.

I can't imagine having to live with something like that. I don't think you could. Knowing that man's family is hurting and will never see their loved one again.

It never fails that the old saying rears it's ugly head.

Complacency kills.

And unfortunately it usually kills someone innocent.

I can't imagine having to live with something like that. I don't think you could. Knowing that man's family is hurting and will never see their loved one again.

I know I couldn't.

Could be another issue of I thought it was empty?

My stepbrother did this in a police station putting new sights on his Glock. Went to disassemble and pulled the trigger. .45 through his foot. Was lucky with that.

Someone smart commented on it earlier. Complacency kills.

We probably all do it in certain ways in our fields. I know I do. Working with electricty, ladders, lifts, chemicals, etc. it's hard not to get comfortable with your everyday tasks, However, when you dealing with firearms you only get the chance to get it right, went you get it wrong it was you or someone else's last chance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top