Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Form Letter Response from Kate Brown

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by edison bulb, Oct 8, 2015.

1. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I shared my opinion with Kate Brown through e-mail about "commonsense gun reform". I told her that no previous law, no current law, and no proposed law would have stopped the mass shooter in Oregon. Urged her to not enact any gun control legislation that would infringe on law abiding citizens right to the Second Amendment. Here is the response (form letter, bold emphasis mine):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 8, 2015

Dear EDISON BULB,

Thank you for contacting the Governor’s Office with your comments about the terrible tragedy that took place at Umpqua Community College. Governor Brown shares the grief and sorrow this event has brought upon us.

Throughout this process, the Governor’s Office has received a variety of opinions, particularly regarding firearm regulations. The Governor has said it’s very clear that these types of tragedies must end - not only here in Oregon, but across the country. There is no single solution that will prevent every shooting, but we must, and we will do better to prevent this type of senseless violence.

Please share your comments, proposals or recommendations with your state legislators. Their primary functions are to enact new laws and revise existing ones relating to the health, education and general welfare of Oregonians, and to make decisions that keep the state in good economic and environmental condition.

You can find your legislator’s contact information by entering your home address at: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html, or by calling:
    1-800-332-2313.

Sincerely,

Constituent Services Team
    Office of Governor Kate Brown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After work today I'll be calling and leaving a message reiterating not to infringe on law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms.

Caveman Jim, Hayshaker and etrain16 like this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Dear Unelected Temporary Governor Stand-in:

Respectfully, you and your canned BS response may kiss my backside.

May you and your buddies in the legislature see a crushing defeat in 2016.

Sincerely,

The lawful gun owners of the once great State of Oregon

3. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Why are we thinking emails will work this time when they clearly ignored every one, plus every person who drove from all over the state to testify for 941? She has made up her mind, and so have all the legislators.

My only message to them is if you are planning on making me a criminal perhaps I should behave like a criminal.

hker71, BDA.45, Stomper and 9 others like this.
  4. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

Let's continue to educate and empower people about this issue. Nows not the time to isolate ourselves from other less educated communities on firearm safety.

hker71, Stomper, Caveman Jim and 2 others like this.
  5. etrain16

I think many already are. Considering the dismal compliance rates for gun registration in CT at 15% (estimated) and under 10% (estimated) in New York, as well as the upwards of 70%+ non-compliance in Australia (estimated), honestly, how do they expect to ever enforce these meaningless ineffective laws?

With only 154 recorded private party transfers in August, I suspect many are choosing to sow their glorious backsides to the legislature and the governor.

6. hollowbase

hollowbase Oregon Member

She says there is no single solution, yet that is all any of them have used.

7. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Always a good idea to be overly polite and respectful to these people. Other wise some may appear "gun loony or crazy".

Raidingtime likes this.
  8. etrain16

With the debacle over SB941, many of us showed a great deal of respect and restraint in our communication with our legislators. The response - we were mocked and called names in the media. We were referred to as gun grabbers and mentally ill. We played it nice and they ignored us 100%, shoving 941 down our throats under the false flag of the 'Emergency' clause and with no chance for the voters to have their say in the matter. They have proven they won't play fair. They will slander us at every turn.

Sorry, the time to be kind is over. They won't play nice. They won't respect kindness offered to them. We gave them that chance and they treated us like dirt. Heck, I was there for a peaceful rally in February and watched some of our glorious legislators looking out the window, pointing to us and laughing. They have no respect for us.

They don't deserve that kind of respect because they don't give it in return. They don't respect our side. They don't respect our opinions. They need to be shown the door. In the meantime, they need to know their actions have consequences.

9. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

When she signs the bill into law that provides funds for all universities to have armed guards on campus, I'll believe she wants to: "do better to prevent this type of senseless violence."

Until then, all I'm hearing is the kind of platitudes that lay the groundwork for more of bloomberg's restrictions.
    Restrictions that have never stopped a single school shooting, and forbid the ability to do so legally.

Stomper, Caveman Jim, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  10. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes.... they now think they have a mandate which means to you and I - STFU.

Slobray, Stomper and Caveman Jim like this.
  11. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

At what point is the last "box" the only viable solution?

12. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

In other words...."talk to the hand, cause the ear isn't listening"

13. edison bulb

100+. And I would add never to write or say anything that can be thought of as a threat.

Raidingtime likes this.
  14. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I am a Washington resident but y'all should mention that Oregonians are sick and tired of their elected officials taking bribes from Bloomberg and company to push HIS gun hating agenda!!!

Slobray and Raidingtime like this.
  15. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

...or be a citizen and not a subject. :mad:

Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  16. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

You used your real name when you wrote the Governor, I hope??

17. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

It is his real name, isn't it?

Raidingtime and Caveman Jim like this.
  18. edison bulb

I legally changed my name to edison bulb ;) lol jk

Raidingtime and Caveman Jim like this.
  19. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

Well, I certainly do hope that you used your real name when you wrote.

20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I know, who the HELL would actually name their kid, "Lance"?! o_O

:D

Caveman Jim and Raidingtime like this.