JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shared my opinion with Kate Brown through e-mail about "commonsense gun reform". I told her that no previous law, no current law, and no proposed law would have stopped the mass shooter in Oregon. Urged her to not enact any gun control legislation that would infringe on law abiding citizens right to the Second Amendment. Here is the response (form letter, bold emphasis mine):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 8, 2015

Dear EDISON BULB,

Thank you for contacting the Governor's Office with your comments about the terrible tragedy that took place at Umpqua Community College. Governor Brown shares the grief and sorrow this event has brought upon us.

Throughout this process, the Governor's Office has received a variety of opinions, particularly regarding firearm regulations. The Governor has said it's very clear that these types of tragedies must end - not only here in Oregon, but across the country. There is no single solution that will prevent every shooting, but we must, and we will do better to prevent this type of senseless violence.

Please share your comments, proposals or recommendations with your state legislators. Their primary functions are to enact new laws and revise existing ones relating to the health, education and general welfare of Oregonians, and to make decisions that keep the state in good economic and environmental condition.

You can find your legislator's contact information by entering your home address at: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html, or by calling:
1-800-332-2313.

Sincerely,

Constituent Services Team
Office of Governor Kate Brown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After work today I'll be calling and leaving a message reiterating not to infringe on law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms.

Dear Unelected Temporary Governor Stand-in:

Respectfully, you and your canned BS response may kiss my backside.

May you and your buddies in the legislature see a crushing defeat in 2016.

Sincerely,

The lawful gun owners of the once great State of Oregon

Why are we thinking emails will work this time when they clearly ignored every one, plus every person who drove from all over the state to testify for 941? She has made up her mind, and so have all the legislators.

My only message to them is if you are planning on making me a criminal perhaps I should behave like a criminal.

Why are we thinking emails will work this time when they clearly ignored every one, plus every person who drove from all over the state to testify for 941? She has made up her mind, and so have all the legislators.

My only message to them is if you are planning on making me a criminal perhaps I should behave like a criminal.

I think many already are. Considering the dismal compliance rates for gun registration in CT at 15% (estimated) and under 10% (estimated) in New York, as well as the upwards of 70%+ non-compliance in Australia (estimated), honestly, how do they expect to ever enforce these meaningless ineffective laws?

With only 154 recorded private party transfers in August, I suspect many are choosing to sow their glorious backsides to the legislature and the governor.

Always a good idea to be overly polite and respectful to these people. Other wise some may appear "gun loony or crazy".

With the debacle over SB941, many of us showed a great deal of respect and restraint in our communication with our legislators. The response - we were mocked and called names in the media. We were referred to as gun grabbers and mentally ill. We played it nice and they ignored us 100%, shoving 941 down our throats under the false flag of the 'Emergency' clause and with no chance for the voters to have their say in the matter. They have proven they won't play fair. They will slander us at every turn.

Sorry, the time to be kind is over. They won't play nice. They won't respect kindness offered to them. We gave them that chance and they treated us like dirt. Heck, I was there for a peaceful rally in February and watched some of our glorious legislators looking out the window, pointing to us and laughing. They have no respect for us.

They don't deserve that kind of respect because they don't give it in return. They don't respect our side. They don't respect our opinions. They need to be shown the door. In the meantime, they need to know their actions have consequences.

When she signs the bill into law that provides funds for all universities to have armed guards on campus, I'll believe she wants to: "do better to prevent this type of senseless violence."

Until then, all I'm hearing is the kind of platitudes that lay the groundwork for more of bloomberg's restrictions.
Restrictions that have never stopped a single school shooting, and forbid the ability to do so legally.

Yes.... they now think they have a mandate which means to you and I - STFU.

At what point is the last "box" the only viable solution?

...or be a citizen and not a subject. :mad:

I shared my opinion with Kate Brown through e-mail about "commonsense gun reform". I told her that no previous law, no current law, and no proposed law would have stopped the mass shooter in Oregon. Urged her to not enact any gun control legislation that would infringe on law abiding citizens right to the Second Amendment. Here is the response (form letter, bold emphasis mine):

October 8, 2015

Dear EDISON BULB,

Thank you for contacting the Governor's Office with your comments about the terrible tragedy that took place at Umpqua Community College. Governor Brown shares the grief and sorrow this event has brought upon us.

You used your real name when you wrote the Governor, I hope??

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top