JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Building my first SBR and all I need is a stamp and a barrel. Mailed my Form 1, certificate of compliance, trust paperwork (huge kudos to nwgunlawgroup.com) and $200.

Engraving happening soon at Wild Bills, then the wait. And wait. One of the gunsmiths at Wild Bills told me NFA wait time were at 6-8 months before the panic, and that it would be a year now. Ugh.

Oh well, at least it's in the pipeline now. Any advice from SBR folks about the process? I had originally planned to build a 10.5" AR, and still do, however some people who I trust are not fans of that short of a barrel as it relates to terminal ballistics. It's a fun gun and maybe a home defense type carbine, so I'm not worried about ballistics in close quarters, but it got me thinking.....

I did the same thing last year. I too put down 10.5" on the F1, but ended up going with an 11.5" barrel on the advice of my dealer. I threw on a JP Industries adjustable gas block for fine-tuning and have been very happy with it!

To get the status of your transfer, call the ATF's NFA Branch at 304 616-4500. You will need to know the serial number of your NFA item.

I sent a certified check from my bank, and not a personal check, so I won't know when it gets cashed. I figure I'll call after I get back from summer vacation in the middle of July.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top