JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Building my first SBR and all I need is a stamp and a barrel. Mailed my Form 1, certificate of compliance, trust paperwork (huge kudos to nwgunlawgroup.com) and $200.

Engraving happening soon at Wild Bills, then the wait. And wait. One of the gunsmiths at Wild Bills told me NFA wait time were at 6-8 months before the panic, and that it would be a year now. Ugh.

Oh well, at least it's in the pipeline now. Any advice from SBR folks about the process? I had originally planned to build a 10.5" AR, and still do, however some people who I trust are not fans of that short of a barrel as it relates to terminal ballistics. It's a fun gun and maybe a home defense type carbine, so I'm not worried about ballistics in close quarters, but it got me thinking.....

I did the same thing last year. I too put down 10.5" on the F1, but ended up going with an 11.5" barrel on the advice of my dealer. I threw on a JP Industries adjustable gas block for fine-tuning and have been very happy with it!

To get the status of your transfer, call the ATF's NFA Branch at 304 616-4500. You will need to know the serial number of your NFA item.

I sent a certified check from my bank, and not a personal check, so I won't know when it gets cashed. I figure I'll call after I get back from summer vacation in the middle of July.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top