JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a laser on my lc9 and bought one for my FN, I'm going to mount it on my HD shotgun. Because it will most likely be dark if I am sweeping the house with it. I got some advice from an LEO that it would be a good idea once the adrenalin is flowing. In broad daylight, I just can't pick that laser up as fast as I can pick up a target with my sights.

Just like you can't pick up your sights as quick at night.

Keltec P3AT .380acp with a belt clip

I know it isn't a lot of firepower, but it fits undetectibly into the pocket of almost every pair of shorts or pants that I have with a wallet shaped holster. It isn't fun to shoot, but is accurate enough and has never had a failure. It is comfortable enough to carry that I will always take it with me.

I carry one (or more) of several guns, but if I revealed their identity the evil Reptiloids from Alpha Draconis would abduct you, so better you don't know. It's just not worth it.

Agreed, I choose not to answer this line of questioning. My guns all went into the bay in a horrible crabbing accident....wish I had not had all of them on board. Crabs made it home safe for dinner though!

Good thread.

How do people train when they have multiple guns and multiple carry positions?

I'm confident I can draw and operate my sole carry gun under extreme stress, if it ever came to it (which it almost certainly never will). I would not want to have to think too much about how to retrieve it and remember the specific manual of arms if I had a selection of different guns and carry locations.

This thread has turned out to be a lot more interesting than it might've been; good for y'all.

It does make me feel a little downhearted to lock up the shiny guns and put the OD Glock 36 in its MTAC IWB yet again, like I've done a million times. But that small, thin .45 is "enough gun" without being ridiculous for city wear, and for sheer functionality, it's a no-brainer.

Maybe I fondle it more than I have to, but I still engage in holster practice, and yes it's loaded when I do.

Upshot: boredom can be a good thing, like on long highway drives.

Some time ago I read a good article about carry pieces and afterwards felt like they should be somewhat disposable/easily replaceable. The idea being, if it were ever used there is a good possibility I'd end up being disarmed by the police -- it could get dropped, thrown or kicked. And then it could be held in evidence for quite some time. That made sense to me. So rarely do I consider carrying the Detonics or other "shiny" gun, instead opting for the relatively easily replaced Shield or G36...

Good thread.

I'm confident I can draw and operate my sole carry gun under extreme stress, if it ever came to it (which it almost certainly never will). I would not want to have to think too much about how to retrieve it and remember the specific manual of arms if I had a selection of different guns and carry locations.

All my guns are pull-point-shoot and all are carried at 3-4 o'clock in either IWB or OWB holsters. The only difference is the grip, barrel and magazine size. It's pretty easy to switch between them.

Oh man!

I carry a VBOB when I'm not a carpenter.

I carry a K9, IWB, when I'm out with family.

I carry an H&K .45 in my truck.

I carry a Ruger LCR .357 mag when it's summer (throw it my pocket)

I guess what I'm saying is, I like a little of all of them, my wife thinks it's an arsenal!?

Be well,
Will

Good thread.

The most effective fast draw is seeing it coming in advance and drawing slowly and properly. Radar fu, if you will

Mrs Bobbit didn't wait that long

My wife is much more patient. She would go to far lengths to make it as painful as possible like diving to get my favorite gun and acting like it was a kind gift to get it back to make me happy and then would come a sinister smile while she drew the hammer back....she scares me.

Depends on my mood, but I carry a Sig 239 in .357 sig. or a Taurus 605. The Taurus is my briefcase carry.
I carry the Sig because I am comfortable with it. I carry the Taurus because it is lighter. Either weapon, at the low ready or full stance are good for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top