JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:rolleyes: I disagree. I would argue that you should be very familiar with your weapon. We're still talking about guns right?:s0112:

There's no reason you can't be practiced and drilled with your carry weapon while simultaneously not being infatuated enough with it that you're constantly taking it out of your carry holster and fussing around with it, or thinking about it constantly as you carry it.

That's all I'm saying. It seems like the OP wants to have a carry pistol that he's in love with.. Well I understand that, but once you're in love with it and pass that "honeymoon period", you should just carry it and stop thinking about it that way.

There is of course the chance that I'm thinking way too hard about this :s0155:

Personally I have twin CZ-82s one of which is my carry pistol, so I'm able to keep ammo, practice and cleaning rotated pretty well.

Have you added a laser? You should probably add a laser. I don't have one, but it seems like a laser would add a little something special to your carry gun. :cool:

I have a laser on my lc9 and bought one for my FN, I'm going to mount it on my HD shotgun. Because it will most likely be dark if I am sweeping the house with it. I got some advice from an LEO that it would be a good idea once the adrenalin is flowing. In broad daylight, I just can't pick that laser up as fast as I can pick up a target with my sights.

Season, weather, circumstance and mood now dictate my daily carry between NA .22L derringer, SW M49, Colt Commander in .45, HK P7, or HK USP45C. When I was a LEO and working deep UC: a Mauser HSC, Charter Arms .38Spcl, or a Hi Standard .22Mag derringer, and for regular off-duty: Browning HP, full size Colt 1911, 2.5" SW M19, and later on a G23. My wife currently alternates between SW M642 and a Kahr CW9.

I carry the same as you - an M&P9c in a N82 IWB. It's to a point where I sometimes forget it's even there, and I like that. I can wear this gun throughout the year, Summer or Winter. It's comfortable to wear and comfortable to shoot. It's accurate and reliable. It's what I want in a conceal carry gun. I've got a G19 at home, but I've never carried it. I may try it someday, but I'm happy with my 9c. I'll save the excitement for my other guns. I just want to know this one is here when I need it and that I can count on it.

I have two that I carry, the one that I carry the most is my Glock 23C. The other one is my Sig P229. I carry both in a Cross Breed IWB. I find the glock more comfortable than the Sig even though they are both carried in the same holster and in the same position.

I have some fairly high end factory guns.... But for CC I choose my Taurus PT 145 Millennium Pro in a shoulder rig. There are Taurus haters out there and some for good reason. My PT has been utterly flawless, is light and compact, and holds 10 rounds of .45acp. Recoil is slightly less than my XDm 40 full size and I shoot tighter groups with the Taurus.

I'd carry my .460 XVR but... It's a bit heavy for IWB.

I own several guns that were purchased to carry. Three are my favorites, one in particular gets carried 90% of the time.

• In cold weather and/or going into the woods, I prefer a mid-sized M&P45
  • If I'm going into town or into a populated place, a M&P40c
  • The 90% of the time gun is a S&W 642 j-frame revolver
The j-frame is perfect IMO. Light, small, reliable. Not the easiest thing to shoot, but with some practice it's awesome. Just my 0.02

For CC, I rotate through a variety of pocket pistols: Beretta Jetfire 950 in .25 ACP, Ruger LCP .380 ACP w/laser, and Kel Tec P3AT .38 ACP w/laser and occasionally a S&W 39-2 or XDm compact in 9mm. The pocket pistols are carried in, guess what – front pocket/back pocket/inside vest pocket in a variety of holsters with spare mag in another pocket (I wear a vest most all the time) also carry in a shoulder rig when on my motorcycle. The 39-2 and XDm fit in a shoulder rig when on the bike.
I also have what has been called a twinky bag that straps to leg and has a separate belt, pretty much a two zippered, two pocket pouch holster. It holds any of the pocket pistols plus flashlight, two magazines and a cell phone. Used on the bike or walking around.
Activity, location and season determines what to carry. As I got older, I prefer light and compact after carrying full size 1911 and .44 revolver for years.
I don't like IWB and when drilling/practicing with them found them awkward and it does not work on the bike.

Kimber Super Carry Ultra + with Crimson Trace laser in a Crossbreed IWB holster. I've tried dozens of handguns and finally found that the 1911 style just works the best for me.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I have an m&p 9c too that I carry and it just inst comfortable to wear all day. I find myself coming home and taking it off right away. I picked up a bodyguard in .380 a while back that in a iwb holster I can wear all day. Doesn't bother me a bit. I still carry the m&p when I know ill be in a bad neighbor hood or in a busy place like the mall though.

During cold weather I have a Smith and Wesson 4013 that I like to carry. With a small of back holster it is easy to conceal if I am going to be wearing a coat. During warm weather I carry (or at least have at my finger tips in my brief case) a Smith and Wesson Model 60 and a couple speed loaders. Both were duty weapons and I like them, but I do think of them as tools. I like my table saw too!

I carry an all steel Commander size 1911 in a Galco IWB holster nearly every day. If I'm heading out in the woods I'll change the holster to an OWB with a thumb break or change to a 357.
I've carried a bunch of different, much smaller guns when the dress code changes. But I've just not found anything that I like as well as the 1911.
My gun is a Dan Wesson. I do not "fondle" it everyday, but when I do pull it out of the holster I find it very nice to look at. I want a firearm that not only fits the "tool" description, but one that I take pride in owning.
I like the way a 1911 fits my hand. I like cocked and locked carry. I prefer the .45 ACP. I'm comfortable with 9 rounds in the gun and 8 more very handy.

I don't get emotionally attached to my tools.

I try not to, but I love mine.

Come to think of it,

I love my tig welder, and my plasma cutter, and my torch, and my saws, and my drills, and my hand tools, and my Peterbilt and my Lowboy and my forklifts and my port-a-power and my knives, and my hammers (I actually have names for some of them).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top