JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a XD-40 sub-compact with 3" barrel and 9 shot mag. Looking back I wish I had gotten the XD-9 SC instead; more shots and I only use Glaser Safety Slugs anyway. My N82 IWB works great or I use my 511 holster shirt (had to halfway safety-pin shut the bottom Velcro to keep it from dropping my gun). 9mm ammo is cheaper practice than larger cals and gives more shots per mag anyway: modern ammo like Glasers gives top performance and easy shooting 9mm gives more hits anyway. Any gun is just a tool; the XD has a "grip-safety" and a Glock-like "STR" trigger for consistent/easy trigger pulls. If you want a slimmer gun get the XDs-9 instead. Really compact guns are harder to handle and easier to drop/fail-to-deploy so the XDs or XD sub-compact sizes are really an advantage. Great loaded-chamber indicator, striker-cocking indicator, muzzle protector, grip-safety, fully supported chamber, front and rear dovetail sights, optional night-sights, truly ambidextrous mag release, metal recoil spring guide, easy disassembly, tough as nails and reliable as gravity.... not much more to ask for.

So my question to you is:
What do you carry and why did you choose it?
Do you prefer single stack or a double stack for better capacity?

I have a somewhat active job so I can't carry anything much, if at all, bigger than my m&p.

Thanks for the input.

G29, I chose it because I love the 10mm and wanted one for a woods carry when hunting , can convert it to a 20 with extended barrel and a 20 mag and in stock form can CC it no problem......I am a reloader so I can load full power the way Norma intended and the 10 has a great many option for a reloader

Prefer a double stack because you never know how many you will need and I can miss more lol

it is thicker and heavier than an M&P though, worth it to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads