JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been diving into The M1 Garand. I have a service grade coming from CMP so I'm doing some reading. You have to join the Garand Collectors Association, one of the qualifiers for ordering from CMP. The GCA sends out a nice glossy paged magazine every month. This latest issue has a story of an Afghanistan/Iraq Marine vet, Andrew Biggio, who served in 2006-2007. After he came home he was having a hard time copping it would seem. Andrews uncle had died in WWII in Italy in 1944. Andrew, looking for something, got the letters sent home by his uncle during his time in the war, thinking reading them would help him heal from the horrible things he saw while he was in the Mid-East.

He got the idea to travel the country seeking out other WWII vets to hear their stories of their time in the war. On these travels to hear the stories of our Vets he took along an M1 Garand and had all the men he spoke to sign the gun. Andrew produced a book with the pictures and stories of these men. The title is "The Rifle". It just came on the market on June 1st. i just thought it might be of some interest to board members. I ordered mine this morning from Barnes & Noble for $31.00 delivered. It's a hardbound at 270+ pages.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top