JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

In order to qualify for the weekly bonus, people must certify that they are unemployed or partially unemployed due to COVID-19.

Not sure how one goes about that. I was given no reason, much less an official reason, for the layoff I was part of - just rumors, and that was months ago. What if the reason I remain unemployed is due to CV-19's impact on the economy? Does that count? :s0092:

That said, I was working from home when I was laid off, and I could work from home (probably would work from home) if I was hired again - so I guess I won't qualify (I assume Oregon will have the same requirements).

FYI

Since I put my resume on Career Builder (to apply for a job listed there) - I have been getting spammed by scammer recruiters sending me emails trying to hook me into "franchise" positions - most likely Ponzi schemes. Most of them have a PDF attached. I don't know if there is malware in the PDF, but I won't open it to find out.

I also get "pre-approved" recruitment - again, a scam.

Be careful with emails/etc. that you get from "recruiters" - some of them are trying to take advantage of people who are desperate for work because of the poor job market.

"Gerstenfeld said Oregon has received funding to provide five weeks of the Trump administration's supplemental $300 weekly payment, retroactive to the week starting July 26. He said payments should go out in September but couldn't provide an exact date."

Parr Lumber is having a record year due to covid, and we're still hiring!

I imagine Home Depot and Lowe's are too.

I think Parr probably deals more with construction than people like me who need small stuff for projects - although I bought four 2x6s from Parr a couple weeks ago (they were closer in Newberg and had what I wanted). OTOH when I went to their website to look for a "fence panel" to use on my deck I couldn't find it or the price (I was redirected to a manufacturer's website) or availability so I went with Lowe's (they had what I wanted in stock - HD did not).

I imagine Home Depot and Lowe's are too.

I think Parr probably deals more with construction than people like me who need small stuff for projects - although I bought four 2x6s from Parr a couple weeks ago (they were closer in Newberg and had what I wanted). OTOH when I went to their website to look for a "fence panel" to use on my deck I couldn't find it or the price (I was redirected to a manufacturer's website) or availability so I went with Lowe's (they had what I wanted in stock - HD did not).

1) You're correct that Parr makes it bread & butter from commercial construction, but you're wrong in that we only cater to them. DIY'ers come to Parr every day for stuff. We also generally carry higher quality material than Lowe's or Depot, we can usually have the material faster than Lowe's or Depot, and the vast majority of orders qualify for free delivery.

2) The reason you couldn't find a pre-fab fence panel at Parr lumber is because we stopped carrying them quite a long time ago because they're complete junk.

3) You'd be surprised at all the stuff Parr Lumber has access to. Our primary vendor Cascade Wholesale Hardware is like a Home Depot on steroids.

2) The reason you couldn't find a pre-fab fence panel at Parr lumber is because we stopped carrying them quite a long time ago because they're complete junk.

Yeah, the reviews on them are not good, but my deck was built with the flimsy diamond cross panels at each end of the deck and those are falling apart, plus plants are growing thru them, so I had to replace the one at the one end. Not making a fence with it - just a penal to keep someone from falling off the end of the deck into the bushes and to keep the bushes off the deck. If it lasts 10 years then I will be fine with that - I am replacing it with a solid (no holes) cedar plank panel. The whole deck needs to be replaced, but I will let the next owner do that - I am just fixing the worst of it.

I may have mentioned this before, but just got confirmation that Oregon is paying extended benefits - these are not the expanded benefits ($600 that expired at the end of July) or the extended (13 week) federal benefits that expire at the end of the year, but rather the EB (Extended Benefit) paid by the state when the unemployment rate is 8% or above and may be paid for as long as 20 weeks, but may be only 80% of the $ amount that is paid during the "regular" benefit period.

This kicks in when a person has exhausted their 26 weeks, then exhausted the 13 weeks of federal benefits.

It may take 6-7 weeks for them to process the EB claim though.

nosler.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top