JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you put your input in the reddit...PLEASE PLEASE be respectful to everyone, even those who are not respectful towards you, the 2A, or concealed carry. Write clearly. Please be kind so that the club looks good for people on the fence. Thank you.

Last Edited:
I'd be curious to hear an eventual follow-up on how things went, or how things are going, what kind of resistance/support was found, etc.

Edison Bulb and I have had quite a bit going on with the group. These are some of the highlights:

- We have a website https://sites.google.com/site/psuconcealed/

- We have a Twitter
https://twitter.com/PsuConcealed

- We've accepted enough members to form the organization. We're still in the process of officially creating it at PSU. We have a meeting this Thursday to meet with PSU faculty about goals, plans, and prospects of our organization. By Thursday we should have a recognized organization at PSU.

- We have been able to gain a female president that is passionate about the cause.

- We've gained the support and backing of OFF

- We've encountered and met with Campus Security. Campus Security appears to be understanding and respectful of our organization and its viewpoint.

- I've been met with a unsurprisingly large amount of resistance with spreading awareness of the group. I tried to handout fliers at the Veterans Resource Center on campus and was told that I could not because the fliers may worsen a veterans PTSD. Edison Bulb has his own stories o_O

- We've continued to handout information and be more open about discussing everyone's constitutional rights on campus.

Humble beginnings. We're excited to see where this goes. We're all very motivated to begin the discussion with students and faculty about conceal carry and the importance of the 2nd amendment.

The more people understand and respect their rights the longer we all will get to keep them.

I've read through some of your responses on those threads. Your responses have been very well thought out, supported with facts and good links and you've avoided being bated into nasty discussions with those that clearly want to shut you down. Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll be able to make a convert out of The Griot.

I've read through some of your responses on those threads. Your responses have been very well thought out, supported with facts and good links and you've avoided being bated into nasty discussions with those that clearly want to shut you down. Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll be able to make a convert out of The Griot.

Much appreciated Etrain. Many of the discussions are hard for us to look at. I see them as opportunities to best display the firearm culture and the people within it. Just keep swimming :rolleyes:

hahaha I think "The Griot" or the other one "Idioma" are two individuals that are a lost cause and a sink of our time and energy. Our aim isn't to spend an enormous amount of effort on a few individuals that have closed off their minds. It's much more beneficial to our cause to talk to people that are willing to have an adult and open conversation.

Much appreciated Etrain. Many of the discussions are hard for us to look at. I see them as opportunities to best display the firearm culture and the people within it. Just keep swimming :rolleyes:

hahaha I think "The Griot" or the other one "Idioma" are two individuals that are a lost cause and a sink of our time and energy. Our aim isn't to spend an enormous amount of effort on a few individuals that have closed off their minds. It's much more beneficial to our cause to talk to people that are willing to have an adult and open conversation.

True, but keep in mind that others are reading those threads and your even-keeled responses to folks like them may have a positive impact on others. While they remain on the attack with very little actual facts/truth to support their position (really just anger, hatred and overly emotional responses to guns), you guys are showing just the opposite. And though PSU is very much a hostile place to your point of view, it certainly is worth the time and effort.

Who knows, maybe you guys will develop into the next big pro-gun group in Oregon. We can use as many as we can get.

That's a tough read for sure....I'm curious why there's so few people in the discussion? Pretty much two on the pro side and two on the con side. And as said above, those two "cons" are a lost cause for sure.

Strange how total strangers to us feel they have a right to decide how law abiding, free people, should live!

@Raidingtime @edison bulb

Like in real estate where it is all about location, location, location.

Image, image, image.

You might use a rainbow for your image, or unicorn, with sparkles. </facetious>

I looked at the twitter - a gun pointed at the viewer?! probably not the image you are wanting to project.

upload_2015-12-15_10-35-22.png

Some of the other posts - Woman posting about Woman, Blacks needing FA to protect themselves, defending homosexuals, are sharing of the type of image you want - we carry because we have to, to protect ourselves.

On your web page you have this:
Under no circumstance should you seek out the shooter. Do not play Bruce Willis or SWAT, you will most likely be killed.

I recommend you move the period to be after SWAT. just my 2c.

I wish you the best of luck.

Let us know when you get a tip jar, flyers can get to be expensive.

Last Edited:
Etrain and RicinOR,

We're all on the same page. I agree with everything you two have posted.

RicinOR- I'm not in charge of the twitter page. I agree and will make a note of that. I was thinking this morning that a picture of a diverse group of people together would best symbolize our group. The comment about Bruce Willis wasn't made by me. That statement could have been worded better but how can we expect to say the perfect statement every time we respond?

Comments and words of support from everyone else is greatly appreciated!

At this time we are at the toddler stage of this. We don't require any funds at this time. However, in the future when we get more of a foot print at PSU that may change. Fliers, business cards, guest speakers, range ammo and time, etc. is all on the "dream" list. I hope this organization can grow into something that represents the firearm community for what it really is and not what the media or mainstream democrats portrays it to be.

Thank you everyone for the support for PSU Students for Concealed Carry. The goal, as stated, is to get as many people exercising their Second Amendment right as possible; to change the perception of what it means to be a gun owner; to teach firearm safety; to make new friends and have fun target shooting; to change Portland State Universities policy against CHL holders from carrying on campus.

Please share our website
https://sites.google.com/site/psuconcealed/
On your social media accounts!

Last Edited:
So, what happens when people can have guns? Lots of good videos out there to serve as a reminder. Here's one from a few years ago - 4 guys against one lady in a jewelry store - anyone care to guess who won?

BTW, don't miss the 4 guys getting piled up on each other trying to push through a 'pull to open' door. It's priceless.

And who can forget this gem:

Thanks! We are very excited about this club and that PSU approved us. This opens the door to dedicated spaces for members to meet (which can extend to the general public), advertising, logistical support, and funding for guest speakers, activities, etc.

Please share the good news on social media!

https://sites.google.com/site/psuconcealed/

https://twitter.com/PsuConcealed

Huge thanks to Raidingtime for getting this club rolling. Huge thanks to someone else, not a member here, who is also helping significantly.

The importance of the 2A will be an important fight to stress at one of the most liberal, and antigun, universities in the country.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads