JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Florida permits are showing up ahead of schedule. I just got mine back in about 5 weeks. I just thought I would let you all know.
Where did you take your Florida CHL class and how much did it co$t? I have a Utah permit but although Utah reciprocates with Florida it does NOT allow non-Utah residents to carry there. You MUST be a Utah resident to CC in Florida with a Utah permit.
Carry on!

Where did you take your Florida CHL class and how much did it co$t? I have a Utah permit but although Utah reciprocates with Florida it does NOT allow non-Utah residents to carry there. You MUST be a Utah resident to CC in Florida with a Utah permit.
Carry on!

There actually isn't a real Florida non-resident class. You must take a class that shows "competency with a firearm." I just made a copy of a couple of my Threat Dynamics certificates and sent those. At the time I had only taken the concealed carry class and "Use of Force 101." Prior to my application, I had emailed the Florida department of agriculture (yes, they do the CHLs there) about this and had asked if this would do, which they agreed.

The bottom of the page with "question 16" outlines what you will need: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/con...ealedWeaponLicenseApplicationInstructions.pdf

There actually isn't a real Florida non-resident class. You must take a class that shows "competency with a firearm." I just made a copy of a couple of my Threat Dynamics certificates and sent those. At the time I had only taken the concealed carry class and "Use of Force 101." Prior to my application, I had emailed the Florida department of agriculture (yes, they do the CHLs there) about this and had asked if this would do, which they agreed.
The bottom of the page with "question 16" outlines what you will need: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/con...ealedWeaponLicenseApplicationInstructions.pdf
Interesting. What did you do for fingerprints?

Multnomah County or PPD? Did they scan them?

My address is in Beaverton, so I went to Washington County Police on Murray. Really though, I don't think it matters where you get fingerprints done, so long as you have them. If Multnomah County is a pain to deal with, just go elsewhere.

Mine were digital, then printed onto the cards. I just sent in the card along with everything else. If you think you might need more than just a couple cards, you might want to have some extras printed because they are radically cheaper after your first 2.

My address is in Beaverton, so I went to Washington County Police on Murray. Really though, I don't think it matters where you get fingerprints done, so long as you have them. If Multnomah County is a pain to deal with, just go elsewhere.
Mine were digital, then printed onto the cards. I just sent in the card along with everything else. If you think you might need more than just a couple cards, you might want to have some extras printed because they are radically cheaper after your first 2.
Great info. Thanks!
BTW, what did WashCo charge you? I didn't know they had an office on Murray!

Great info. Thanks!
BTW, what did WashCo charge you? I didn't know they had an office on Murray!

I think 2 cards was about $25, but then an additional 2 was only around another $7-8. If you're planning on applying for other permits or any NFA items, you might as well order a few. The biggest nuisance is filling out all the cards!

@cascadianliberty2012, thanks for the info !
You're talking about the fee to administer the fingerprinting, right? Do they provide cards with that?
Years ago I had to have a bunch of fingerprinting, went to the OSP office on Portland Ave NE in Salem. IIRC it was $5. I see it's $40 now.

If you write FL DoA, they will send you cards. I have a few because I was going to get FL and PA. For me, WashCo is the easiest place to go.

I think 2 cards was about $25, but then an additional 2 was only around another $7-8. If you're planning on applying for other permits or any NFA items, you might as well order a few. The biggest nuisance is filling out all the cards!
Great! I see, and other Forum members may be interested to know that;
Former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service as a certificate of competency
so I'm covered there.

Last Edited:
@cascadianliberty2012, thanks for the info !
You're talking about the fee to administer the fingerprinting, right? Do they provide cards with that?
Years ago I had to have a bunch of fingerprinting, went to the OSP office on Portland Ave NE in Salem. IIRC it was $5. I see it's $40 now.

If you write FL DoA, they will send you cards. I have a few because I was going to get FL and PA. For me, WashCo is the easiest place to go.

Yes the $25-ish included the cards. You walk in, say you need fingerprinting, they ask how many, you pay, they hand you the cards, you fill them out, then they take you back and fingerprint you. Easy.

I might suggest that if you are interested in Pennsylvania, apply for New Hampshire instead. It is much easier to do and New Hampshire covers Pennsylvania. I have the application and everything ready, just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

Concealed.PNG
Yes the $25-ish included the cards. You walk in, say you need fingerprinting, they ask how many, you pay, they hand you the cards, you fill them out, then they take you back and fingerprint you. Easy.

I might suggest that if you are interested in Pennsylvania, apply for New Hampshire instead. It is much easier to do and New Hampshire covers Pennsylvania. I have the application and everything ready, just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

I wont be going for PA. I did the "what-ifs" and determined that OR, UT, ID non-enhanced, and ND give me all states except those in red (duh!). Then, if I ever plan on going there, I'll apply for SC and IL too. Kommiefornia? Fuggit.

Last Edited:

Call this place. They will provide the class and necessary shooting demonstrations needed to optain FL permit. Mr Dan Blackstone is a very good instructor.

Blackstone Gun Safety

I just called to check the status of my Florida CWL and was advised it has been approved, printed and mailed! I mailed my application on 1/26 and they received it on 1/30 so that's just over 2 weeks! That is definitely expedited service for veterans!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top