JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And then there's...

A far left leaning news station in a far left leaning college town seemingly caring about someone being denied their right to buy a "FIRE ARM"? Wut? :s0020:
I had the same thought while watching the news last night. My head nearly exploded. :s0140:

My thought was: Why doesn't KEZI show this same level of concern when an eating establishment won't serve police officers? :s0092:

And just as importantly, IIRC, FFLs are told that not only do they have the right to refuse to transfer/sell a firearm to someone they feel is questionable (for valid reasons), it is their obligation to do so. Being a member of a group engages in unlawful illegal activity (riots, vandalism, violence) certainly qualifies.
Ditto this 100%!

Several years ago I was in a LGS and a guy who appeared to have been drinking wanted to look at a gun and the clerk refused.

The guy wasn't slobbering and stumbling but it was obvious he had been drinking.

Regardless though I hope this 'guy' (still not sure exactly) doens't try to turn this into something similar to the bakery legal issue of a few years ago.

Last Edited:
Regardless though I hope this 'guy' (still not sure exactly) doens't try to turn this into something similar to the bakery legal issue of a few years ago.
Would be interesting to see the ACLU go up against the ATF for once, but I very much doubt they would entertain the thought, and I can't think of anyone else who would either. Certainly not the NRA - not for an Antifa member.

interdasting.jpg

Because, to me, it's probably one of those situations where it's....

"Dam if you do. And dam if you don't."

STORY TIME.....

In Honolulu, Hawaii. Long before mandatory BGCs. A seemingly normal guy went into a gun store and wanted to buy a gun. The guy inquired about, what size of a hole would that rifle make if/when the bullet struck a body. The salesperson said that the exit wound could be about the size of a quarter. The buyer was satisfied by the answer and the sale was completed (after all of the appropriate paperwork was completed). The rifle was even "registered" with the PD after the sale.

IIRC....about a month later.....well, there was a shooting/murder. Yup, that guy had used that recently purchased rifle to commit a murder. Of course, the PD and ATF traced the purchase back to the selling store. And of course.....remembering the incident, the clerk related the story of the inquiry by the buyer. The news reported it. And, the clerk's story also came out at TRIAL.

Rrrright......
In an attempt to PROVE the buyer's "Intent."

Anyway.....
I can't remember if the convicted perp went to a mental Institution or to prison.

But.....that's not really the point of my relating this story. You see.....the family of the deceased.....sued the Gun Store. Rrrright..... Imagine.....what it would cost the store to defend it's clerk and the decision to go forward with the sale? Whatever. But, what do I know. The store probably settled. And shortly thereafter.....the store soon went out of business.

Yeah.....Let it be a lesson. That EVERYONE is suppose to be able to determine a GOOD GUY from a BAD GUY (the sane from the insane and every shade in between). AND THEN, anyone in that position has to make the RIGHT call EVERYTIME, based on that feeling.

BUT, But, but.....things have improved with Mandatory Background Checks.

LOL.
So, does that mean that the Federal Govt or whatever State BGC Agency doing the BGC has ALL of the RESPONSIBILITY? After all.....it's their call.

WAIT, Wait, wait.....
We'll need at least: 3 days, a week, a month, a year......before we can make a determination to proceed with any sale. How about, a "permit/permission system" where the Chief LEO has to sign off? How about, a mandatory mental health examination prior to getting a permit? How about, the mandatory purchase of insurance or a cash deposit of $$$$$$......just in case the firearm is misused? On and on.....

To me.... Someone, forgot the part where it says.....

".....shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

So one needs to ask who dropped the dime to the TV station, who benefits from said dime dropping and who paid for the reporter to drive to Florence from Eugene and back for the "story". Follow the money.

tin-foil-cat.jpg

This thread should have come with a WARNING or at least a disclaimer of some sort. But, it's FUN (never the less).

stop-stop.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....ONLY THE BGC MATTERS.

So, imagine (for maximum benefits).

A White Male or Female, or LGBTQ+ type, or African-American, or Asian, or Latino, or an arm band wearing (to denote a particular political or religious ideology), etc.... whatever you get the point.....walks (limps or wheels in a wheelchair) into a gun store......AND an attempt is made to purchase a firearm. But, is denied (by the FFL) for whatever reason other than a "do NOT proceed" on a BGC.

Rrrrright.....I'm OFFENDED already!

Oooops....and what about the blind and the person (who appears to be) not exactly playing with a full deck of cards? And then, "How many cards "short" would be a disqualifying factor?"

Last Edited:
Correct decision by the FFL. Antifa is a criminal organization.
Especially, if they slap down their "business card". I assume this is the type of Antifa member who blocks intersections and pulls grandpas out of automobiles. And I wouldn't want any part of that either.

An FFL can terminate a transaction at any time.

That person is free to take their business to another FFL.

Last Edited:
From the article:
"A person's ethnicity, their race, their political belief, their religion, like that…the guy's job is to sell guns," Iannicelli said.

Ethnicity, race, and religion are protected classes. Guess what is not? Political belief. Sucks to be you. Wasn't that antifa that was trying to overthrow the government by attacking a federal building in Portland for like a year? Yea, that would seem to disqualify you from a private party selling/transferring a firearm for you if they choose.

In a sane world anyway.
Suppose he was a card carrying member of the Klan. Are we going to believe everyone is okay with that sale? Don't present yourself as a dirt bag and think decent people will go along.

Looks more like an attention wh*** looking for attention.

I might be the only person here who would have sold them a gun, provided they have all the legal documents required by Oregon law and can pass a bgc. If I were an FFL, I want to make money. If that guy were offering me money for a legal transaction, both parties needs would be met.

Granted, I didn't read the article, just commenting that I don't care what political/religious/blah blah doohickey you belong to as long as your record is clean and your money is green.

"It's because I had given him this business card, and he said he didn't feel good about it because he didn't support Antifa, and I explained to him it's more like a movement,"

Yeah. A bowel movement.

Although this was in Oregon, Washington SB5078 could hold the FFL civilly liable, backed with potential criminal charges, for any unlawful use of a firearm, ammunition, or related product. If I was an FFL in Washington, I might consider asking for a voters registration card to lessen my liability. Not registered or a Democrat would be shown the door. Of course, it would only be a matter of time before the leftist claim discrimination when they start to be denied service based on their political orientation.

Although this was in Oregon, Washington SB5078 could hold the FFL civilly liable, backed with potential criminal charges, for any unlawful use of a firearm, ammunition, or related product. If I was an FFL in Washington, I might consider asking for a voters registration card to lessen my liability. Not registered or a Democrat would be shown the door. Of course, it would only be a matter of time before the leftist claim discrimination when they start to be denied service based on their political orientation.

Rrrright....a litmus test.....

1697051836187.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads