JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spyderco and Toor Blades.

5D8B1528-6C57-4A48-9830-A7754CD301CD.jpeg

OP: "I know Washington says no "dirks or daggers" concealed."

Dirks and daggers are a specific classification of blades. They by design and shape are different from common 'hunting" knives.
Dirks and daggers are sharpened on both the top and bottom of the blade vs. only one edge as a hunting style knife.
The advantage of a fixed blade over a folder is for serious combat use the fixed blade by design should have a much thicker blade and hilt/spine into the handle to provide strength against breakage. folders by design are weakest at the hinge.

Smiles,
That's kind of the main answer I was looking for. So a standard fixed blade that wouldn't be classified as a dirk or dagger is not covered under this law it seems

General consensus seems to be a "dirk or dagger" is anything with two sharpened edges and/or has a profile for stabbing wounds as opposed to slashing wounds. So no rondelle daggers, V-42 style stilettos or icepicks carried concealed.

Honestly, the guy was black. Then, how does it make anyone safer if its there but not visible??? Also, if concealing a fixedblade is illegal in WA, didnt the manager coerce him into doing an illegal activity. I mean... should have just left and gone to burgerking, snowflakes can't even handle a tiny neckknife??? Actually, I would have probably called the cops on the manager lol

I know Washington says no "dirks or daggers" concealed. I'm wondering #1 if anyone follows this and #2 if there's a "loophole" (I hate using that word) on this. I know a lot of guys that conceal a fixed blade either in their edc pack or their Fanny pack. Those guys breaking the law? Not that you'd ever get caught anyways, shoot I carried a concealed handgun for years before I ever got a permit the day I turned 21.

But I was hoping to add a little sheathe-mounted fixed blade to the Molle section in my edc backpack and another smaller version in my Fanny pack (both inside the pack and not "open" to view so concealed)

Is there a type of knife that is a fixed style blade but does not fall under a "dirk" or "dagger" in Washington laws? I also see the part of the law that says "furtively carry with intent to conceal a dirk dagger pistol or other dangerous weapon". Furtively translates to "in a way that attempts to avoid notice or attention; secretively." So I assume that's black and white… can't conceal a dagger or dirk.. but I don't see anything stating "fixed blade" in general.

Can anyone give me some answers on this one?
Don't trust the internet for legal issues. Please see handgunlaw.us and go to the knife section. A fixed blade in Seattle (city) is not legal (a few exceptions). Each city makes its own laws. Generally if it's a folder, and the blade is less than 3.5 inches, and certainly under 3 inches, you are legal.
Understand for purposes of arrest it will be how the arresting officer measures it on scene, which may include the non sharp portion before the hilt. A judge or jury will then review blade edge length per (indirectly) case law, and jury instructions provided by the judge.
A knife is just a tool. Why do you have that tool? Self defense may not be an appropriate answer. Opening boxes or mail it might be more useful

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads