JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that SB 5078 is going to land on the governor's desk it's a foregone conclusion that he will sign it, bringing Washington state one step closer to becoming California from a 2A perspective. Below is the definition of "large capacity magazine" from the bill:
"Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(a) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
(b) A 22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device; or
(c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action ffirearm.
There is no mention that the magazine must be detachable to fall into this category. As a result, I am assuming fixed-magazine firearms with capacity higher than 10 rounds would be affected by this bill, and therefore importation and sale of them would become illegal.

What fixed magazine firearms can you think of that people may want to acquire before it becomes law? The main ones I can think of are shotguns - KSG, KS25, M&P12, DP12, etc. - but I'm sure there are others out there.

Tube magazine fed rimfire rifles, including selfloading, bolt, pump ,and lever action designs. An Sks with fixed (hinged) 20rd magazine. The Ishapore12a Enfield in 7.62x51 ( 12rds of .308 fit where 10 .303s should) .

Who's next ? I've barely scratched the surface.

Shotguns (last I heard) are firearms and some are mag fed with 12+ rounds
The mag fed ones are obviously included. My concern was about any firearms (shotguns, rifles, etc) with non-detachable magazines like the KSG or M&P 12. If those are considered "large capacity" under this law and not excluded, then importation and sale of those firearms could be restricted. California law specifically excludes pump action shotguns, but this one does not.

Also, @Alexx1401 brings up a good point r.e. mini shells. Could they use that as a loophole in the law to further restrict shotgun ownership? I have no experience with mini shells myself, so not sure what standard capacity shotguns might be suddenly over the limit if they were to go that route.

Are mag repair kits mentioned as illegal?
Can people buy the components?
Would sourcing floor plates, followers, bodies and springs be outlined as illegal?

Could 4 guys sell individual components next to each other for "repairs" and have citizens buy said parts? Would owning all necessary parts be considered intent to manufacture?

With the advent of 3D printers, so long as people can get springs, mag laws are moot.
So long as there are no code dates on mags, its moot.. once again silly anti gunners get so horny for their little laws that we can easily outsmart them.

Are mag repair kits mentioned as illegal?
Can people buy the components?
Would sourcing floor plates, followers, bodies and springs be outlined as illegal?

Could 4 guys sell individual components next to each other for "repairs" and have citizens buy said parts? Would owning all necessary parts be considered intent to manufacture?

With the advent of 3D printers, so long as people can get springs, mag laws are moot.
So long as there are no code dates on mags, its moot.. once again silly anti gunners get so horny for their little laws that we can easily outsmart them.
PMAGS have a date code. They have a little circle stamped on one side. The circle if you look closely is 2 numbers corresponding to the year and an arrow pointing to the month.

PMAGS have a date code. They have a little circle stamped on one side. The circle if you look closely is 2 numbers corresponding to the year and an arrow pointing to the month.
Any of the other polymer magazines? Hex mags? Im wondering aside from a cage code if there are others that could be made at home. I guess the laws point isnt really having/obtaining its using them?

Hexmags do. I mean springs and good quality anti-tilt followers wouldn't be a bad thing to stock up on.
Could keep firearms running for a long time. People could also print 80% mag bodies/followers and floor plates.
Its why I love the 3D printing world and the inability to halt the flow of information.

I implore Washington residents to defy this asinine legislation in as many ways as possible.

Come on, guys. This thread is about FIREARMS with fixed (non-detachable) magazines that may be impacted by this legislation. Can we get back on topic please?

Now that SB 5078 is going to land on the governor's desk it's a foregone conclusion that he will sign it, bringing Washington state one step closer to becoming California from a 2A perspective. Below is the definition of "large capacity magazine" from the bill:

There is no mention that the magazine must be detachable to fall into this category. As a result, I am assuming fixed-magazine firearms with capacity higher than 10 rounds would be affected by this bill, and therefore importation and sale of them would become illegal.

What fixed magazine firearms can you think of that people may want to acquire before it becomes law? The main ones I can think of are shotguns - KSG, KS25, M&P12, DP12, etc. - but I'm sure there are others out
Edit. it was already mentioned

the ksg has (2) 7 round capacity fixed tubed magazines that can only feed the shotgun one at a time. There is a selector switch. Since its not a single magazine with over 10 round cap, would the mag cap law be applicable?

Exactly my point. Will the anti-gunners in this state consider them collectively as a single fixed magazine, or as two distinct units? I assume they'll claim it counts as a single mag...?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top