JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
U don't like Amway???

Many many years ago, about 1981, my optometrist told me he wanted to talk to me about a biz opportunity... He was a nice guy so I said ok. When we met, it was Amway. Ugh. I found out later he was pulling down some serious bank due to sponsoring folks. Then he got a brain tumor... life is strange.

My best friend in Jr. High got into Amway... they had some good products at the time. Note: he was also into Campus Life, a school Christian org. I didn't put the two together, but later my ex got into Amway, and my daughter told me she quit because Amway is heavily Christian. Not a good fit for that evil beotch.

What did they say?

(I support our local food bank... they do a wonderful service. But too many people use it that don't really need it.)
I had no problem with him having a "side gig" like the Amway. What irked me a little was that he was paying himself about 3 times what I made and the job gave him plenty of time to do the side gig too. Figured my money could be better spent somewhere else.

I had no problem with him having a "side gig" like the Amway. What irked me a little was that he was paying himself about 3 times what I made and the job gave him plenty of time to do the side gig too. Figured my money could be better spent somewhere else.
Maybe his job did leave him some extra time. OTH, most of the MLM folks that I know do their canvassing after hours when their targets are not working. Not all. But most.

I was just curious since you mentioned "Amway" specifically. Thanx for clarifying.

Most who go "woke" just do not know how to pull back once they start. Its like a cancer.
I just wonder if it is because it is "trendy" or if it is a response to public pressure/shaming/cancelculture/virtuesignaling or if somebody up high in the org is a true believer. For instance the CEO or the Board.

Seems like you'd have to have a pretty good reason to phuck over your employees/staff/earnings.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Hmmmm.

I have a much bigger issue with the school system providing bkfst, lunch, dinner, weekend, and Holiday meals to kids whose families don't need the help.... the dot gov really trying to get more families hooked on the nanny state.

And my wife used to work for the Housing Authority, their outreach program was much the same; trying to get people that don't need it just so they can increase their domain and their budget/salaries/etc. Yet people would come in and DEMAND this that or the other, and be very unhappy with what they got. PEOPLE SUCK.

Tis the season. Bah. Humbug!
That is exactly what it is, trying to teach people to be dependent. In 2000 when I was going to school on Trade Act I used to get them begging me to let them "give" me stuff. I kept turning it down.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top