JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My thoughts on that product are, "meh." The only reason the gun should be coming out of the holster is cleaning or shooting, and in either of those instances, the re-holster process can always be slow enough to avoid blowing off your junk recklessly without a add on that may or may not work when it is actually needed.

Due to AIWB, I have to remove and replace a few times a day to piss. Yeah, it sucks actually, but I haven't blown off any important pieces yet. :D

What's the gun? I carry an XDM 4.5' and it half way sucks. But I went into it ALREADY knowing that. It's my personal preference though and I've learned to work through it. I agree with what @DB Wesner and @Kruel J said.

Practice without blowing your junk off man....just sayn....

Easy gun. M&P Shield.

Did yard work for a couple hours and watched some tv. Just took holster off. Here's my initial day one impressions:
Having a well made, specific aiwb holster is major plus. It actually allowed me to sit comfortably, bend, twist, kneel and adjust positions easily.
I haven't found that sweet spot for the gun yet. Or the correct belt tightness or what height to wear the jeans. That will take a bit.
Might be the biggest learning curve as I'm used to wearing belt tight and that's not how appendix is done successfully, at least according to YouTube lol.
Touching the gun will be my tell for a while. Still trying to find that spot and checking myself for printing. Also it's hot this week so no sweatshirt/jacket crutch.
I was surprised how well the gun hid with only a tee WHEN I had everything in the right spot. The print was very noticeable to me when not in the right spot.
I had zero concern with the gun pointing at me. Everything is well covered and secure in the holster. Normally I pocket carry or 3 o'clock. Although not as often, I'm sure the gun muzzle is still near or pointing at critical areas.
I will agree reholstering will and must be done with extra caution, but (knock on wood) not as scary as the situation requiring me to draw in the first place.
Tomorrow I have a lot of driving to do, so that will be interesting.
Nutshell link was pretty hilarious. :p

Last Edited:
Anyone that claims they've never "flagged" themselves while carrying in ANY IWB position is either lying or in pure denial.

Still trying to find that spot and checking myself for printing.
I think we all did that when we started carrying, fact is very few if anyone is watching or paying attention to anyone but themselves. So I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it IMO.

I tried AIWB, just not as comfy or fast on draw to me as 3 o clock, which would be the same position I use with an owb or iwb holster.
Gun type might effect that though, I mostly carry full size pistols and revolvers. For me 3 o clock is the perfect compromise between comfort,draw speed, and concealment.

I think we all did that when we started carrying, fact is very few if anyone is watching or paying attention to anyone but themselves. So I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it IMO.

You're not wrong. I recall a time I needed to hop into Walmart real quick so I just stuffed my Glock 20 into my back pocket as a habit and I don't think anyone noticed at all. Or at least, didn't show signs of it like I was about to Columbine the place

I tried AIWB, just not as comfy or fast on draw to me as 3 o clock, which would be the same position I use with an owb or iwb holster.
Gun type might effect that though, I mostly carry full size pistols and revolvers. For me 3 o clock is the perfect compromise between comfort,draw speed, and concealment.

Than you did not have enough time in with it, faster draw speed is one of the advantages of AIWB. You do bring up a good point, everything is about individual compromise and a full size gun with a longer slide/barrel can be a challenge depending on body type. In general, I have found AIWB to be more concealable and faster than IWB/OWB, while IWB/OWB is more comfortable.

My shoulders are wrecked thus I can't reach behind my strong side hip without massive pain.

AIWB works for me.

Same here.
One of these days the AIWB holsters I ordered from Stealthgear will show up and I can stop using the cheap one I have now.

Never had a gun go off all by itself so AIWB doesn't bother me.
Holster the gun then slip in the holster and there shouldn't be a problem.
All of my guns are hammer fired and it would take a miracle to get a full trigger pull while holstered.

I practice with it but not at the range. At home and with an empty gun.
I do draw and use the mag that's in it though when at the range.
For range use I use an OWB holster. But even 3:00 gives me some grief after a bit.
So since I needed a holster for the 226 I went with an Alien Gear paddle holster and the drop leg expansion pack.
The drop leg is nice for range use as my shoulder isn't getting tore up as bad with the lower draw. And it fits all my other guns as well so it's a win for me even though I look like Tactical Ted now. :cool:
I did have to take off the Tactical beard early this year so it all evened out I suppose.

Yes. Don't Mexican carry. That's how your junk get's shot.

Actually, what happens is the gun goes to fall or slide down into some sweat pants and the moron grabs for it and accidentally pulls the trigger...BOOM, gun does what it is suppose to do. They'd be better off letting it drop then picking it up. Better than a perforated sack anyway.

Honest question. How do AIWB carriers justify pointing a gun at themselves all day in stark violation of one of the fundamental gun handling rules? Comfort aside (and it does not appear comfortable for sitting, squatting, or even standing; my abdomin is not concave), I can't get past pointing a gun at your junk, femurs, knees, thighs, and tops of feet all day.

I understand my firearm and trust that it will function as intended through years of experience in handling it. Rules are made to be broken - it's knowing when to break them and being comfortable in breaking them that is key. Yeah, my loaded firearm is pointed at me. Guns don't magically go off. If there's nothing that can inside of the trigger guard (quality holster + wearing clothes suited to your carry method) I am perfectly safe.

Carrying and handling firearms comes with inherent risks. We move to minimize these risks however the potential always exists. If you are not comfortable carrying a firearm in a specific manner then don't do it, simple as that. But understand short of removing all ammunition from a firearm and storing it in a locked box off your body you will always have the potential risk of injuring yourself - even if you observe every rule and are familiar with the firearm and it's operation, there is always a perfect set of circumstances the universe could throw at you which results in an ND.

It's perfectly comfortable for me - although I am a thinner guy and to my understanding from speaking with buddies who have "tactical FUPAs" AIWB is more of a skinny guy's carry method.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top