JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first vehicle was a 67 ford 3/4 ton flatbed farm truck although it belonged to my dad and was not really mine. My first real rig was a 1979 Chevy Luv (in 1983)

Currently, I have a 2017 Ford F450

thumb59t.jpg

29wjvc4.jpg

First car was a 67 Mustang Coupe 289 4 speed.

Current rides are 97 F 250 CC 4x4, 94 Mustang GT, 2002 Explorer, 71 Ford F 100 - (bought brand new by my dad. )

Do I need 4 vehicles for two of us ?? Why yes I do. Each has its own purpose and and as long as I can afford them for insurance and gas, it is one of my small pleasures.

We do think alike brother!!!!
Gotta have specialized vehicles or the ones you overwork will stay in the shop...:p

1953 Chevy two door, in-line 6, 3 on the tree.
2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4, 5.7L automatic, 8' bed
unless I get in a wreck, this is likely the last truck I'll own. By the time it's worn out, I'll be too old to lift anything into/out of the truck

but new job has me driving a lot so I've been driving my daughter's Neon for work. She's at school and I care more about 40mpg than my pride right now.

Not wanting to bag on your choice of cars, (maybe a little bit) but the worst crash I worked as an EMT / firefighter was a head on collision between a Neon and Ford LTD. Killed the driver and 2 passengers, put the engine in the back seat. I will never forget that call.

I need less stuff.

We have been on a process to reduce the amount of "stuff" we have. We are moving from a place we have been at for 30 years, raised 5 kids and ran two different business's from. We made some major progress this year, and have another year to work at it before selling in the spring of 19. Having less "stuff" is very empowering and cleansing.

If you have not seen it, used it or needed it in the last 5 years, you do not need to have it.

First: 1936 Ford Coupe
Current: 2013 F150

Some of the in between: 1941 Ford Coupe, 1949 Ford wagon ( a Woodie) 1955 Chevy 2dr, 1956 Merc, 1959 Pontiac to name a few. Sure wish I still had them.

1st car was a 1966 chev swb truck, current is an 04 jeep gc lifted and an 06 Harley Road King. Never had a car/bike payment in my life, want it bad enough then saved for it.

pretty sure i see that navigator all the time

Probably, loud exhaust and Blaring music. The car guy in me couldn't leave it stock so I put a Magnaflow catback on it along with a few mods under the hood.

Now about the blaring music, I am an audio nut and I have done sound systems in all my cars. I did all the work myself in all my cars and this is the best sound system I have ever done and I probably tend to get overboard with blaring my music.

I usually have my windows down, not to piss people off. It is just a car guy thing, also it relaxes me to just cruise around with the music cranked.

Not wanting to bag on your choice of cars, (maybe a little bit) but the worst crash I worked as an EMT / firefighter was a head on collision between a Neon and Ford LTD. Killed the driver and 2 passengers, put the engine in the back seat. I will never forget that call.

We have been on a process to reduce the amount of "stuff" we have. We are moving from a place we have been at for 30 years, raised 5 kids and ran two different business's from. We made some major progress this year, and have another year to work at it before selling in the spring of 19. Having less "stuff" is very empowering and cleansing.

If you have not seen it, used it or needed it in the last 5 years, you do not need to have it.
Lucky for me there aren't any LTDs left on the road. I know that Neons are a rolling punchline but I really don't have a bad thing to say about it. I've put well over 250,000 miles on it since we bought it and with regular maintenance it's been one of the best cars (of 60+) I've owned. My job pays hourly plus mileage when I'm on the road so it's put over $500 per day pure profit in my pocket on a few occasions. That extra money will pay for it's replacement by the time my daughter gets home to reclaim it in June.

As far as less stuff goes, I 100% agree. We ditched a bunch before the move and will probably pare down even more as we move from the temp housing and storage into the new house when it's done. I had to give up 2 large shops so I miss the work space more than anything. All my car projects are in suspended animation.

I had 6 vehicles, 4 of which were one ton trucks. I sold them all and came up with just shy o $40K and put that towards the new one. I already regret selling them but more for sentimental reasons than anything practical. I think I just need to get used to driving the new one and I'll get over it.

Mostly though I expect paying insurance and maintenance on one rig rather than 6 will offset any regret. Still working on getting the new truck set up. I got the bed and boxes put on, Next is to build a bumper and some steps. Todays project is to build some rub rail/tie downs for the bed.

CC222B36-D757-48C6-8EBD-166DD090C566.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads