JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
5000 huh? Yeah, okay. I've got a feeling that humans will eliminate them selves long before the planet would become inhabitable.
You chose the number of years. My point was that 5K years down the line, or 500, I won't be here and neither will my kids. Since they won't have kids, none of my descendants will be here. I prep for my kids and myself. I don't want to make things worse for others either, but I am talking about personal preparation for change, not the political/economic/etc. issues of dealing with climate change - the former I can do something, the latter I have very little influence on.

I didn't create this thread to debate climate change, especially not the politics. I created it to inform others of what is happening in the forests so they can prepare.

You chose the number of years. My point was that 5K years down the line, or 500, I won't be here and neither will my kids. Since they won't have kids, none of my descendants will be here. I prep for my kids and myself. I don't want to make things worse for others either, but I am talking about personal preparation for change, not the political/economic/etc. issues of dealing with climate change - the former I can do something, the latter I have very little influence on.

I didn't create this thread to debate climate change, especially not the politics. I created it to inform others of what is happening in the forests so they can prepare.
Do you think the tree situation will get worse?

Do you think the tree situation will get worse?
Yes - between climate, disease and insects - yes. The climate has caused disease and insects to infect/infest trees in some areas. I don't know enough about the situation here, but climate change isn't helping the trees any - it is making them weaker and more susceptible to disease and infestation.

Then there are the stupid idiotic moronic humans who start campfires in the middle of an extreme fire danger alert when the winds are blowing and humidity is in the single digits.

We've got a bark beetle that's been killing the trees also so I don't necessarily believe that climate change has suddenly killed a whole bunch of trees and one area

We've got a bark beetle that's been killing the trees also so I don't necessarily believe that climate change has suddenly killed a whole bunch of trees and one area
Nature has always been nature. Man does often move a species from one part of the world to another and it can throw things out of balance for a while. Nature always moves things back. The only creature put here who wants to believe they can change it is man. That only started not too long ago. Got to hand it to the people trying to get a Caste system going here. They finally hit on something that an amazing number of fools will actually support. When we end up with a Caste system here the people at the bottom of it will have begged for it. :s0092:

Only those who want to not see it would pretend the weather does not change. It has been changing since man started to keep track of it. The climate runs in cycles, always has, always well. Where the problem comes in is people who want to make laws and control people by telling them they can change the weather. This is the hoax that has to have people like Barnum rolling in his grave. That so many fools will follow people telling them their car is a problem as they fly around from home to home on a private jet. Climate is being used to set up a caste system. The best part is the people who will be at the bottom of this system are fighting to implement it on themselves. It is nothing short of amazing to watch it being done to people who ask for more. :s0092:
C9AD8UGxdYDVigvUx8hO2y3qdIz&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

And next up (found this summer in Forest Grove, Oregon) is the Emerald Ash Borer which has decimated all species of ash trees back east.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top