JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short.
Oregon and Washington
I have a handgun for sale in Oregon, a guy from Washington messages me, he's interested. I call FFL dealers from both states, they say no FFL is needed for a private sale. I dont trust them so I call both Oregon and Washington State Police they CONFIRM this.
Some people are still saying this would be illegal. Any thoughts????

FFL to FFL no problem but then there are pecker tracks unlike buying from a gun show... Big Brother will know you have have it and who sold it.
It is the only way to legally sell across state line

ANY private SALE across state lines the BUYER must pickup the firearm at a FFL dealer AFTER filling out the form 4473 and passing a NICS background check. If the buyer is in WASHINGTON it is my understanding their are taxes to be paid. If the Firearm is a Pistol there are further state of Washington regulations that come into play.

I believe that if you are selling a handgun to a WA resident and you are an OR resident it needs to be handled by a WA FFL. I just sold a rifle to a WA resident (I'm in OR) and we were able to do it at an FFL in OR.

I think the state lines should make no difference for a private party sale, but that's not the way it works.

Long story short.
Oregon and Washington
I have a handgun for sale in Oregon, a guy from Washington messages me, he's interested. I call FFL dealers from both states, they say no FFL is needed for a private sale. I dont trust them so I call both Oregon and Washington State Police they CONFIRM this.
Some people are still saying this would be illegal. Any thoughts????

Read this as it is posted at the top of the classifieds.... <broken link removed>

ANY private SALE across state lines the BUYER must pickup the firearm at a FFL dealer AFTER filling out the form 4473 and passing a NICS background check. If the buyer is in WASHINGTON it is my understanding their are taxes to be paid. If the Firearm is a Pistol there are further state of Washington regulations that come into play.

like he said.
but is :bsflag: if your legal here your legal there

I read this, I also talked with both Oregon State Police, and Washington State Police, and they said it is legal. Just because NWF has it posted does not mean it is correct, just like OSP and WSP may have been wrong also. keep an open mind here folks.

I believe that if you are selling a handgun to a WA resident and you are an OR resident it needs to be handled by a WA FFL. I just sold a rifle to a WA resident (I'm in OR) and we were able to do it at an FFL in OR.

I think the state lines should make no difference for a private party sale, but that's not the way it works.

For some reason rifles are different than handguns. i live in Washington but I go to Montana all the time. I can legally buy a rifle in Montana but they cant sell me a handgun.... Sucks

I read this, I also talked with both Oregon State Police, and Washington State Police, and they said it is legal. Just because NWF has it posted does not mean it is correct, just like OSP and WSP may have been wrong also. keep an open mind here folks.

This aint our first rodeo. Do I need to keep an open mind if someone tells me that the earth is flat or that Hillary is a woman?

Oh yeah and did you not read post#4?

I did read the post, my point was simply that I try and keep an open mind to both sides. I am more inclined to believe what I am reading here, and less likely to believe those whom I should be able to trust. That seems to be an unfortunate thing. The link posted on post #4 seems to spell it out. Why would two state entities give me the wrong information ? That is very concerning! I very much appreciate everyones input and research, that is why I posted on here.
Thanks everyone!

Go ahead and keep an open mind it will come in handy when you are in a closed cell.

Please take some time to read the link that was provided in the sticky....http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2002/aprqtr/pdf/27cfr178.31.pdf

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top