Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

finally have power

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by oldbrass, Jan 22, 2012.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass WA Active Member

It was only four days without power but I`m glad its back on. The generator and coleman camp stove came in real handy, still a lot of folks without. I`m lending my generator to the cook at my favorite restaraunt,his wifes expecting and they`re cold.
    The ice really did a number on the grid in western washington

2. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

ANd everyone thinks preppers are crazy, nuts who will never use any of the stuff they have put away

3. Ought Six

Ought Six Snoqualmie Valley area Active Member

I was still dark when I left the house today. No power since Wednesday afternoon. I have about 100 pounds of organic meat out on the deck in plastic storage bins, packed in a big mound of snow. I fear it is all defrosted, and I will lose most of it. Time to have a big-azz barbecue party, I guess. It is mostly New York and rib eyes, with a bunch of really good sausage and some nice New Zealand lamb, too. Sucks, big-time.

4. dave

dave Independence Member

Good training scenario for you o6. Do you have a canning setup to preserve your frozen stores in case of a longer power outage?
    Canning meat is easy, lots of info and videos out there to help and the shelf life if kept out of the light is much longer than frozen. I like to season with garlic salt and lemon pepper.

5. SIG383

SIG383 Graham, WA Well-Known Member

We lost power Wed night and it came back on last night around 9. Glad I had what I had. So did my wife and kids!

6. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

You got a dry run at shtf training.
    Next time you will have keep on guard for the guys who want to take your spoils,but your a bit more prepared than most of us now.
    It's good training for the kids too,we should all flip the main on our homes for a few days and teach our kids how to tough it for awhile
    without their facebook and xbox.

7. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

o6, see the Off Topic section if you're considering a generator now.

Peter

8. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

still no power here, massive damage, more storms on way
    Meat packed in a snow drift will not thaw untill snow melts

9. SIG383

SIG383 Graham, WA Well-Known Member

lol, my kids don't really know what an xbox is, other than messing with them when we are at a place like Target. We all had a lot of fun playing board games and such. I don't see it working out for someone that would have tried to take what was/is mine, since I always wear my .45 on my hip until I'm in bed, lol. Dogs make great alarms too!!

10. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

did you ever get your power back on??