JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was only four days without power but I`m glad its back on. The generator and coleman camp stove came in real handy, still a lot of folks without. I`m lending my generator to the cook at my favorite restaraunt,his wifes expecting and they`re cold.
The ice really did a number on the grid in western washington

It was only four days without power but I`m glad its back on. The generator and coleman camp stove came in real handy, still a lot of folks without. I`m lending my generator to the cook at my favorite restaraunt,his wifes expecting and they`re cold.
The ice really did a number on the grid in western washington

ANd everyone thinks preppers are crazy, nuts who will never use any of the stuff they have put away

I was still dark when I left the house today. No power since Wednesday afternoon. I have about 100 pounds of organic meat out on the deck in plastic storage bins, packed in a big mound of snow. I fear it is all defrosted, and I will lose most of it. Time to have a big-azz barbecue party, I guess. It is mostly New York and rib eyes, with a bunch of really good sausage and some nice New Zealand lamb, too. Sucks, big-time.

Good training scenario for you o6. Do you have a canning setup to preserve your frozen stores in case of a longer power outage?
Canning meat is easy, lots of info and videos out there to help and the shelf life if kept out of the light is much longer than frozen. I like to season with garlic salt and lemon pepper.

You got a dry run at shtf training.
Next time you will have keep on guard for the guys who want to take your spoils,but your a bit more prepared than most of us now.
It's good training for the kids too,we should all flip the main on our homes for a few days and teach our kids how to tough it for awhile
without their facebook and xbox.

lol, my kids don't really know what an xbox is, other than messing with them when we are at a place like Target. We all had a lot of fun playing board games and such. I don't see it working out for someone that would have tried to take what was/is mine, since I always wear my .45 on my hip until I'm in bed, lol. Dogs make great alarms too!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top