JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on the hunt for one of these for several years - and they just keep getting more expensive. I found one that wasn't overly ridiculous, and in fantastic shape. Bought from original owner - has original box, manual, etc. Made in 1979, and though it has been shot [~50 rounds according to owner] you wouldn't know it by looking at it. The pic doesn't do it justice - deep, deep blue.

upload_2015-9-17_16-24-0.png

I will be shooting it this weekend :D

In 1970 a few days before I shipped out I stopped by a bleep dept store, they had a 4", nickel plated Python @$125. It was as smooth as glass, and I, and my friend could not scrape-up more than $35... :(
In that same period of my life I had bought a pre-WW2 Officer's Model Match 38 special and a Target Trooper 357 mag. Like a fool I traded the OM 38 spl (because it was not a magnum). I still have the old Trooper. I'd trade it fer something

Last Edited:
I carried a Python on duty for several years until our department went to semi-automatics. When I made the switch I could not afford to keep the Python and buy the Glock so I sold the Python. Wish I had kept it because it was a great shooting gun.

$2500 out the door. :confused:

Yes, I could have had three nice SWs for that :D

The heart wants what the heart wants! :p
Congratulations. I hope you shoot the heck out of it. They're ridiculously overpriced, but they're wonderful revolvers.

The price is strictly a function of supply and demand. To find one in this great of shape is no easy thing to do these days. Not at any price. This is a great find.

The price is strictly a function of supply and demand. To find one in this great of shape is no easy thing to do these days. Not at any price. This is a great find.

I have been looking for widows, estate sales, barn finds - they just don't happen. I bit the bullet on a pristine example. I don't regret it! :D

PS - Nightshade is sending me beans and rice so I can eat the rest of the month. :p

In 1970 a few days before I shipped out I stopped by a bleep dept store, they had a 4", nickel plated Python @$125. It was as smooth as glass, and I, and my friend could not scrape-up more than $35... :(
In that same period of my life I had bought a pre-WW2 Officer's Model Match 38 special and a Target Trooper 357 mag. Like a fool I traded the OM 38 spl (because it was not a magnum). I still have the old Trooper. I'd trade it fer something
I've been told this pistol cost $125 new :D

recently I made the decision to do away with all of my revolvers and go with MSASRs instead
I used to be a semi-auto guy EXCLUSIVELY. A few years ago I picked up a 629 and got the revolver bug.

Still a 1911 and Sig fanboy, but I love the revolvers now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top