JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely anecdotal - was told to me by my father, who tends to have a romantic and selective memory of the past :D

Check this cool webpage out at the link below. The father of Elvis Presley's wife Priscilla was a Lt. Colonel in the Army. When he was sent to Vietnam in 1968, Elvis bought his father in law a Colt Python to take with him, for his personal protection. Here is a photo of the check that Elvis wrote for the Python, for $150:

1968_february_check_colt_python_pistol.jpg

Story:

<broken link removed>

Check this cool webpage out at the link below. The father of Elvis Presley's wife Priscilla was a Lt. Colonel in the Army. When he was sent to Vietnam in 1968, Elvis bought his father in law a Colt Python to take with him, for his personal protection. Here is a photo of the check that Elvis wrote for the Python, for $150:

View attachment 256485

Story:

<broken link removed>

Very cool!

You did well buying a Python now rather than later.

Just hang on to it!

When I bought mine. I felt I had almost too much money in a couple of revolvers!
I mean $1750 into two pretty blue revolvers? What was I thinking?:eek:

In case your wondering. I wont be selling them for that.;)
Beautiful!

Bubblegum - now I have to get a 4" :D

Yea, I'm "that guy". Now you just need an ugly little bobbed 3" M-13 Smith to actually carry around.. and shoot.
I used to shoot a 6" stainless Python in PPC.. smooove DA but would only set off Federal primers (no good when yer getting free factory wadcutter whatevers).. and the trigger reset wasn't conducive to fast practical work (even "unworked" ones are like that). Kinda a wonky DA.
Make sure to get a good K or L for actual shooting. A J you just carry around.. though there used to be actual PPC matches with belly guns. fun

$2500 out the door. :confused:

Yes, I could have had three nice SWs for that :D

The heart wants what the heart wants! :p
WOW
I remember back in 2005? area at the Puyallup show an older gentleman had about 7-8 pristine Pythons of all lengths and the 2in model was only 1200 bucks. The others he wold raise the price every month $100,lol
Don't think he cared if he sold them or not
The ones I have had over the years I payed somewhere in the $700 range and will drool over someone else's pythons now

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top